$6.15 AN HOUR BY 2000: Congress heats up min. wage debate
- Sen. Kennedy floats bill to raise minimum wage. Barrett, Joyce // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/28/1998, Vol. 175 Issue 17, p6
Reports about the minimum wage hike bill proposed by Senator Edward Kennedy (D.-Mass.). Opposition to the bill of retail lobbyists; Political motive behind the proposal.
- Senator Kennedy asks further hike in minimum wage. Barrett, Joyce // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/14/1997, Vol. 174 Issue 9, p5
Reports on Senator Edward Kennedy's proposal for a minimum wage increase by September 1, 2002. Provisions under the two-phase minimum wage increase approved by the US Congress in 1996; Provisions under Kennedy's wage increase proposal; Retailers' argument against Kennedy's wage hike proposal.
- Minimum wage stuck in Congress. Garcia, Ivonne // Caribbean Business;5/25/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p36
Reports on delays in the approval of the federal minimum wage increase proposal in the United States Congress. Introduction of the bill by Senator Edward Kennedy.
- Working wage: The minimum wage needs another boost. // Fedgazette;Oct99, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p18
Comments on the proposal of United States Senator Ted Kennedy to raise the federal minimum wage of workers. Significance of the bill; Reason behind the claim of economists that minimum wage is an efficient way to help the working poor; Discussion on the arguments that have risen against minimum...
- Senate nixes federal $1 minimum wage hike. // National Petroleum News;Nov98, Vol. 90 Issue 12, p9
Cites the United States Senate's rejection in late September 1998 of a plan to raise the minimum wage. Rejection of Senator Edward Kennedy's proposal large along party lines.
- Senate Says No To Kennedy's Minimum-Wage Hike. // Human Events;08/27/99, Vol. 55 Issue 32, p22
Highlights the decision of the United States Senate in disapproving an amendment proposed by Senator Ted Kennedy to the tax-cut bill raising the minimum wage. Value of the minimum wage; Effects of Kennedy's proposal; Objective of the bill of Kennedy; Comments from Senator Don Nickles; Reason...
- Senate Defeats Kennedy Minimum Wage Hike. // Human Events;11/26/99, Vol. 55 Issue 44, p30
Discusses a bill sponsored by Senator Ted Kennedy (D.-Mass.) to raise the federal minimum wage in the United States. Information on a similar amendment passed by Senator Pete Domenici (R.-N.M.); Effect of Kennedy's bill on tax deduction for businesses.
- President ready to raise minimum wage. // American Nurseryman;04/01/98, Vol. 187 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the plan of the United States President Bill Clinton to propose an increase in the minimum wage in 1998. Role of Senator Edward Kennedy in the proposal for wage increase; Information on the wage increase in 1996; Probability of passing the proposal.
- US Senate defeats proposed minimum-wage hike. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;10/05/98, Vol. 32 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the United States Senate's rejection of a proposal from Senator Edward Kennedy to raise the federal minimum wage. Satisfaction over the proposal's defeat from restaurateurs; Lobbying efforts against the proposal by restaurateurs; Remarks from Kennedy over the decision.