RUN BY STUDENTS: Fine Dining unit open to students
- TARGETS $2.4 MIL. ANNUAL SALES: Virginia Tech unveils W. End market concept. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p18
Provides information on the West End Market of Virginia Tech University in Blacksburg, Virginia. Projected annual sales; Cash cards that can be used by customers; Six food stations of West End Market.
- Virginia Tech Expands Popular West End Market. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;2/2/2012, p1
The article reports on the expansion in Virginia Tech's West End Market dining center. The expansion added 177 new seats, a loading dock and an area to collect used grease for recycling. Other improvements include public restrooms near the Fighting Gobbler Sports Lounge, staff offices, a larger...
- Virginia Tech Plans Latest Eatery for Fall '12 Opening. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;3/16/2012, p1
The article reports on the plan of Virginia Tech to open its newest dining hall, Turner Place, that will cost 33 million U.S. dollars in fall 2012 to be located on the academic side of its campus.
- Open for Business. // FoodService Director;5/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p14
The article focuses on Virginia Tech University's decision to open its D2 dining hall for limited service on the weekends due to the increasing number of students on board plans. According to Ted Faulkner, associate director of dining services at the school, they now operate the dining facility...
- IS SCHOOL LUNCH BETTER THAN PACKED LUNCH? // FoodService Director;12/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p8
The article reports on the study conducted by the Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University in Blacksburg which suggests that school lunch provided in scools through the National School Lunch Program is nutritionally sound compared to those brought from home.
- Reusable Container Program Meets Health Department Rules. // FoodService Director;4/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the reusable container program of West End, one of the 11 dining halls of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia, that offers substitutes for foam to-go containers to further increase sustainability efforts across the campus.
- FOOD COSTS DROP 15%: Va. Tech swaps Asian concepts. // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p8
Announces the replacement of the Wok of the Town concept with Bowl Dynasty at Owens Foodcourt at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg. Advantages of the concept that was adopted; Prices of foods; Food choices available.
- University creates new post to deal with racism. // Black Issues in Higher Education;11/27/97, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p10
Announces that the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University will create a post for a vice president for minority affairs to deal with the problem of campus racism. Factor contributing to creation of post; Other plans for university.
- Virginia Tech spearheads HBCU computer consortium. Roach, Ronald // Black Issues in Higher Education;11/13/97, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p30
Features the ` Introduction to Black Studies,' class taught at the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University using a computer element. Statements from lecturer Dr. Joyce Williams-Green; Information on a initiative at twelve historically black colleges on computer use..