`FOR UPGRADE F/S': Nursing chain upgrades training
- TODD FOUTTY OF METROHEALTH: Chef balances acute, long-term care needs in Cleveland. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p84
Features Todd Foutty, director of foodservice operations at MetroHealth System long-term care facilities in Cleveland, Ohio. Responsibilities of Foutty; Educational background of Foutty; Information on how Foutty ensures the continuing food quality.
- RECIPES, COOKING CLASSES AND MORE: Athena Healthcare uses food to help recapture home life. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;5/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p36
Focuses on the food service dining program of assisted-living and nursing home operator Athena Healthcare Systems. Food quality and customer service expectation; Purpose of the Food Committee in each Athena community; Objective of the involvement of residents with food service.
- 'I am not a caterer!' Hradecky, George // Pharmaceutical Representative;Aug2005, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p28
Focuses on the food delivery services provided by long term care health representatives to physicians and office staffs in the U.S. Establishment of professional relationship between representatives and physicians; Scope of job responsibilities of health care representatives; Things to consider...
- HOW NURSING HOME F/S IS PERFORMING. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p51
Provides information on the performance report of food services at long-term care facilities in the U.S. in 2001. Percentage of increase in annual food purchases; Average meals-served-per-chain during the year; Total beds of the facilities; Average daily allocation during the year.
- Anthony's Pier 4 partners to feed nursing home patients. // Nation's Restaurant News;08/07/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p108
Reports on the partnership between food service operator Anthony's Pier 4 of Boston, Massachusetts, and Aurum Network, an operator of nursing homes and assisted living facilities. Terms of the deal.
- Nursing home converts lounge. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the opening of the Big Bear Cafe at the Suffield House, a long-term care facility in Suffield, Connecticut. Facility's use of a ticket system in lieu of cash; Patio-style tables with glass tops; Vending machine for sodas and breakfast items.
- Making Group Dining Attractive for Wheelchair Bound Patients. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;11/19/2014, p4
The article focuses on the specialized dining approach at Inglis House long-term care facility in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Topics covered include the launch of a remodel program for the conversion of congregate dining rooms into a household model approach, the advantages of the new household...
- Recruiting RNs to long-term care. Peck, Richard L. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Sep93, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p39
Interviews National Association of Directors of Nursing-Administration/Long Term Care president Joan Warden regarding the recruitment of registered nurses for long-term care facilities. Concerns of registered nurses in working at long term care facilities; Changing negative attitudes;...
- Recognizing lifestyle needs in nursing recruitment. Felsen, Loree C. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Sep93, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p42
Discusses the importance of recognizing lifestyle needs in recruiting registered nurses for long-term care facilities. Shortage of registered nurses in long-term care facilities; Convenience as the nurses' primary reason for choosing positions; Benefits required by middle-aged long-term care...