TO HQ OFFICES: JC Penney launches pizza deliveries
- And Outgrows Initial Site: Home-meal biz doubles at JC Penney home office. // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p9
Reports on the introduction of a home-meal replacement program at the JC Penney Home Office in Plano, Texas. Outcome of the program; How the program was implemented; Goal of the program.
- JCPENNEY IN TEXAS: Retailer debuts fresh take-out bar to capture the time-starved. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p12
Focuses on the Fresh Approach Market, the fresh take-out salad bar at the headquarters of JCPenney in Plano, Texas. Research initiative employed by Sodexho Marriott Services in line with the launching of the salad bar; Information on the pricing at the salad bar; Food items offered by the salad...
- Penney styles fashion image. Fisher, C. // Advertising Age;8/27/90, Vol. 61 Issue 35, p4
Describes how J.C. Penney Co. will break a $10 million image campaign Sept. 9 introducing its new theme, `Fashion comes to life.' The five 30-second network TV commercials from N W Ayer, Dallas, focus on Penney's name-brand and private-label apparel, jewelry and home furnishings.
- Penney's theme draws suit. Fisher, C. // Advertising Age;10/8/1990, Vol. 61 Issue 42, p2
Covers how J.C. Penney Co. has been sued over its new `Fashion comes to life' advertising theme. Charming Shoppes, a chain that operates more than 1,000 Fashion Bug women's clothing stores, filed suit last month in US District Court in Philadelphia, claiming Penney's new theme infringed on its...
- Pitching Penney into the 21st century. Hazel, Debra // Chain Store Age;Jan1997, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p51
Discusses the marketing initiatives of J.C. Penney Co. Commitment to the top ten markets in the United States; Commitment to faster distribution of products; Diversification of growth; Improvement of customer service.
- Business & Finance. Kilborn, Robert; Cook, Stephanie // Christian Science Monitor;3/9/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 72, p24
Presents news briefs related to business and finance as of March 9, 2001, including the plans of J.C. Penney to sell direct marketing services to Aegon NV.
- Penney's aiming to raise $500M with sale of debt. Owens, Jennifer // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/4/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 42, p16
Reports on J.C. Penney Co.'s plans to raise $500 million with the underwritten sale of 100-year debt securities. Implication of a firm's ability to sell such bonds; Fourth-quarter earnings of the company in 1996.
- Minority leaders blast J.C. Penney plan to target blacks, Hispanics. // Marketing News;10/11/93, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p1
Reports on J.C. Penney's plans for marketing merchandise to black and Hispanic consumers. Criticism from minority leaders; Stocking of goods of appeal to minority shoppers; Result of studies, focus groups and other approaches; Difficulty of copying by other companies; System of merchandising...
- Inventory problems, among others, seen hurting J.C. Penney. Williamson, Rusty // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;09/16/98, Vol. 176 Issue 54, p1
Reports on the poor financial performance of J.C. Penney for the second quarter of 1998. Cause of Penney's low earnings and sales; Penney's revenue from 1996 to 1997; Information on Fashion Accelerated Shipping Technique or FAST.