PROJECTS 3,000 SALES/WK.: Villa Pizza debuts at Pittsburgh Intl
- Court rules Pittsburgh airport restaurants exempt from taxes. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/11/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 50, p20
Reports on a Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Common Pleas Court judge's ruling that exempts the 23 restaurants operating at the Pittsburgh International Airport from paying property taxes. Decision reaffirming a 1967 ruling by the state Supreme Court that it is unfair to tax operations necessary for...
- Pittsburgh hub. // Architectural Record;Jun1993, Vol. 181 Issue 6, p100
Features the Midfield Terminal Complex at Pittsburgh International Airport in Pennsylvania. Hub-and-spoke system in airline design; Tasso Katselas Associates (TKA), designer; Criteria for design decisions; Separate ticketing and boarding into `landside' and `airside' terminals; X-shaped airside...
- Revolutionary terminal opens era in Pittsburgh. Fotos, Christopher P. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/5/1992, Vol. 137 Issue 14, p37
Describes the new midfield terminal at Greater Pittsburgh International Airport, which features a unique X-shape developed by architect Tasso Katselas, the tallest FAA control tower in the nation and contains 50 competing retail tenants. The Oct. 1 opening marks a new approach to the management...
- Airport of tomorrow, today. Brown, Ann // Black Enterprise;Jan1993, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p93
Highlights the Pittsburgh International Airport, a virtual self-enclosed city. Opening of the new terminal in October 1992; Size of the complex; Attractions; Projections on the number of people the terminal can handle per year; More.
- Commissioners push to create an authority to run Pittsburgh airport. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/02/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30243, p29
Reports on Allegheny County, Pennsylvania commissioners' plan to create an authority to operate the Pittsburgh International Airport. Airport union's scheduled meeting with county solicitor Kerry Fraas to discuss labor-management issues relating to a change in administration; Skepticism over...
- Pittsburgh expanding capacity with midfield terminal project. Fotos, C.P. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/12/1989, Vol. 130 Issue 24, p329
Discusses the midfield terminal project at Greater Pittsburgh International Airport and the expanded capacities and thousands of new jobs it will create. Terminal layout; Funding.
- New Pittsburgh terminal heralds the future. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/12/1992, Vol. 137 Issue 15, p44
Presents a photo essay of the Greater Pittsburgh International Airport's new midfield terminal, whose X-shape allows for easy expansion. It features a people-mover, train connections between terminals and laser scanners that read bar-coded luggage routing tags.
- New airport installs electric monitoring submeters at gates. // Engineered Systems;Oct95, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p14
Reports on the installation of electric monitoring submeters at the gates of Greater Pittsburgh International Airport. Determination of power consumption and demand.
- Pittsburgh airport complex goes to great lengths to provide hvac comfort. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/5/94, Vol. 193 Issue 14, p22
Reports on the heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems of the Pittsburgh International Airport complex in Pennsylvania. Dimensions of the airport complex; Chilled-water distribution systems; Criteria for the choice of an insulation system.