FOR COST-SAVINGS: NY's Goldman Sachs merges 4 f/s units
- Airport concessionaire BAA gets 2nd $19B buyout offer. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/19/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 25, p44
The article reports that BAA, a foodservice operator at international airports, has accepted a takeover offer from a consortium led by construction company Grupo Ferrovial SA. The deal is valued at $19 billion. However, a rival group spearheaded by investment bank Goldman Sachs & Co. claims it...
- Acquisitions Drive Consolidation And Convergence of Stock Specialists. Shearer, Brent // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul2002, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p19
Reports on the consolidation and convergence of stock specialist firms due to the acquisitions made by Goldman Sachs Group Inc. Firms acquired by Goldman Sachs; Function of specialists on stock exchanges; Status of the specialist sector.
- Manager bought. // Crain's New York Business;05/05/97, Vol. 13 Issue 18, p42
Reports that Goldman Sachs Group LP has announced plans to acquire Commodities Corporation, a fund manager from Princeton, New Jersey. Value of the transaction.
- In Tumultuous year for Goldman, Investment Bankers Hold sway. Keegan, Jeffrey // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/25/99, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p22
Focuses on Goldman Sachs & Co.'s investment bankers who are said to have singlehandedly kept the partnership on track despite a tumultuous year in 1998. Bankers' production of results in the firm's mergers-and-acquisitions advisory business; Firm's picking up of six Deal of the Year awards;...
- DEAL DEAD FOR MYERS INDUSTRIES. Dodosh, Mark // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p1
The article reports that the acquisition of Akron, Ohio-based Myers Industries Inc. by an affiliate of investment banking firm Goldman Sachs & Co. has been terminated. Myers said GS Capital Partners has decided it will not proceed with its long- delayed, $1.1 billion acquisition of the...
- Goldman Buys Electronic Trading Firm. // On Wall Street;Aug99, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the plans of Goldman Sachs Group to buy the Hull Group, a futures and options firm based in Chicago, Illinois. Cost of the acquisition; Information on Hull Group; Significance of the deal.
- Goldman Tops M&A. Nielsen, Karol // Chemical Week;3/8/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 10, p29
Reports on the top ranking achieved by Goldman Sachs for advising merger & acquisition transactions in 1999. Value of the transactions; Companies that merged; Other top-performing financial institutions.
- AIG, Chubb, Goldman form Bermuda insurer. Souter, Gavin // Business Insurance;12/3/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 49, p3
Reports the consolidation between American International Group Inc., Chubb Corp. and Goldman Sachs & Co. in Pembroke, Bermuda. Services of Allied World Assurance Co. (AWAC) Ltd.; Capital contribution of the companies; Focus of AWAC.
- Apache up on buyout rumors. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/10/2015, pA02
The article reports on the decision by shale oil and gas company Apache to reject a buyout offer and work on a defense with Goldman Sachs.