20%-30% GAINS EXPECTED: Maryland hospital opens new Chick-fil-A
- TO OFFSET CUSTOMER TRAFFIC: Stony Brook mulls kiosks. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p8
Looks at the condition of the food service sector at Stony Brook University Hospital in New York as of February 15, 2003. Plans of foodservice officials for the hospital's food servicing unit; Consideration for the use of kiosks as an alternative to cafeteria.
- A `STOP' FOR SRS: California hospital is open to the public. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p8
Features the Le Cafe hospital cafeteria of Simi Valley Hospital in California. Quality of food and description of the atmosphere; Category of the menu; Remarks from patients.
- In Employee/Visitor Cafeteria: CA hosp. aims for `homey.'. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p20
Provides information on the redecorating project at Verdugo Hills Hospital in Glendale, California in 1999 to refresh its employee-visitor cafeteria. Description of the cafeteria; Aim of the redecoration project.
- Hospital Shutters Retail Program. // FoodService Director;11/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p19
The article reports on the closing of the cafeteria at the Grand River Hospital in Kitchener, Ontario and will be replaced by a Subway and a larger Tim Hortons Inc. run by the volunteer association of the hospital.
- Scramble system speeds traffic. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p21
Cites the improved services at the renovate cafeteria of Jackson Madison County General Hospital in Jackson, Tennessee. Scramble system; Addition of a Heart Healthy Bar; Smoothie and capuccino machines; Panini grill; Deli section; Portable kiosk with continental breakfast items; Increased...
- Coffee klatching with cafeteria cronies. Crans, Fred W. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Mar2008, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p16
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of meeting different characters in different hospital cafeterias.
- Sales Set to Double: Take-out grows at Valley Child. Hosp. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p8
Provides information on the take-out business of the boat-shaped salad bar in the middle of Grape Jelly Fish Cafe at Valley Children's Hospital in Madera, California. Salad bar offerings; Demand from employees for take-out orders; Statistics on the number of customers daily.
- Frying up hospital cafeteria food. Freedhoff, Yoni; Stevenson, Rob // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;7/29/2008, Vol. 179 Issue 3, p213
The author presents her views on the quality of hospital cafeteria foods. She believes that the sale of unhealthy foods with the absence of nutritious alternatives undermine the institution's role in health promotion. She proposes that hospitals should be held accountable for dietary choices...
- Fla. medical ctr. brands its line-up. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p14
Reports that University Medical Center in Jacksonville, Florida has added the Kraft Branded Restaurant Group to its foodservice offerings. Completion of the renovation of the center's cafeteria; Features of the added food stations.