FOR 1999: 6 operators win Silver Plates
- Trendsetters. // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p44
Deals with several famous trendsetters in the food service industry of the United States. Information on Frank X. Gladu, who introduced a Student Meal Grant program to expand student hiring; Achievements of Penny McConnell as director of food and nutrition services for Fairfax City Public...
- Frank Gladu to Head Dining at University of the South. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;2/21/2012, p1
The article announces that Frank Gladu is leaving Vanderbilt University to become associate vice president for administration at the University of the South in Sewanee, Tennessee.
- Jeff Vickers becomes FSD of the Year. // FoodService Director;4/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p1
The article announces that Jeff Vickers, director of food and support services for the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Department in California, has been chosen as Food Service Director (FSD) of the Year for 2007.
- LAURA RHYS WINS UK SOMMELIER OF THE YEAR AWARD 2009. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/8/2009, Vol. 199 Issue 4576, p8
The article announces that Laura Rhys from Gerard Basset's Hotel TerraVina in Southampton, has been named as the Sommelier of the Year 2009 by the Academy of Food & Wine's in Great Britain.
- Perez named FSD of the Year. // FoodService Director;4/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p1
The article announces that Betty Perez, the director of nutrition services at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, was named "FoodService Director's" FSD of the Year for 2007.
- 'Make no little plans....'. // Food Management;Sep2001, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p36
Profiles Larry Levy, foodservice restaurant operator in the United States. Professional career; Sale of half of Levy's company to Compass; Customers of Levy.
- Levy, Spielberg take an LA Dive. Borden, Jeff // Crain's Chicago Business;5/9/94, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p3
Features the restaurant business of Larry Levy. Collaboration with Steven Spielberg and Jeffrey Katzenberg in opening The Dive restaurant in Los Angeles, California; Plans of opening restaurants in international sites; Array of submarine sandwiches.
- THANKSGIVUKKAH. Spector, Ilene // Baltimore Jewish Times;11/15/2013, Vol. 335 Issue 3, p30
The article presents views of chef Larry Levy on several dishes to be made for celebration of Thanksgiving and Chanukah religious event of Jews including the Carrot Arrot Dill Soup, the Cranberry Crumb Bars and also mentions some tips to make Thanksgivukkah memorable.
- milestones. // FoodService Director;5/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p16
The article announces various personnel movements in the food sector, including the resignation of Louise Esaian as food service director for the Chicaco Public Schools, the promotion of Dawn Aubrey as associate director of Housing and Dining Services at the University of Illinois, and the...