BIDS ON COST-PLUS-FIXED-FEE: School purchasing co-op overhauls buying plan
- U.N. Millennium Summit proved to be a smooth operation. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;09/25/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 39, p32
Reports the food service operation of Restaurant Associates at United Nation Millennium Summit in New York. Measures on security; Delivery of goods and nonperishables; Considerations on religious and dietary restrictions.
- Associations Hold Green Webinar. // Food Management;Feb2008, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p24
The article discusses the second of a series of four webinars on crucial issues facing the food service industry by the National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management, American Society for Healthcare Food Service Administrators and the Management in Food and Nutrition Systems, held in...
- HFM Chooses Competition Finalists. // FoodService Director;7/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p1
The article presents the finalists for the 3rd Annual Culinary Competition to be hosted by the National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management (HFM) during its annual conference in Tucson, Arizona. Finalists include foodservice manager Marc Smith and executive chef Louis Borochaner of...
- Work Is a Symphony. Lawn, J. // Food Management;Oct2003, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p12
Highlights the 25th Annual Training Conference sponsored by the National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management in Arizona. Programs and activities; Theme of the event; Attendees. INSET: Quote of the Month.
- Minier Takes the Leadership Helm at SFM: Formation of an educational foundation, strategic partnerships with other groups top 2007 agenda. // Food Management;Nov2006, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p14
The article reports on the appointment of Sally Minier as the new president of the Society for Foodservice Management (SFM) in the U.S. It is stated that Minier pledged to continue the programs started under the administration of outgoing SFM president Russ Benson. She emphasized the need to...
- 2006 Calendar. // Food Management;Apr2006, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p25
The article presents a calendar of events in food service industry in the U.S. from April 25-June 14, 2006. The Foodservice Management Ideas Conference will be held on May 17-19. The Society of Foodservice Management Critical Issues Conference will be held on April 25. The National Restaurant...
- HFM Membership Directory Goes On-line. // Food Management;Jun2003, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p20
The National Society for Healthcare Food Service Management (HFM) has eliminated its printed membership and networking directory and migrated those listing to an on-line and fully electronic version available on the associations web site. This reflects the dramatic increase of HFM members who...
- SFM confab looks back, ahead. // FoodService Director;6/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p6
Announces the upcoming 25th anniversary of the Society for Foodservice Management at the Critical Issues Conference which was held in New York in June 2004. Details of the conference; Brief history of the society; Mission of the society; Top priorities of the society.
- Sharpen your skills with the NRAEF. Adolf, Mary M. // Chef Educator Today;Spring2007, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p28
The article offers information on various programs by the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF) for qualified culinary students in the U.S. Included are the ProStart program that offers a two-year high school restaurant and foodservice management; the NRAEF Summer...