Sales Top $1,700/WK.: JC Penney HQ Introduces HMR, E-mail Ordering Svcs
- JCPenney celebrates ExpoBelleza 97. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;9/18/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p32
States that JCPenney has celebrated its 24th beauty carnival called ExpoBelleza 97 in honor of Puerto Rican women. Date the carnival took place; What is consist; Where it was held; Comments from Len Hair, JCPenney's Plaza Carolina manager.
- Network management: Briefs. // Communications News;Nov96, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p56
Reports on move by JCPenney to streamline communications with suppliers via electronic commerce network services. Reference to JCPenney extending its relationship with Sterling Commerce.
- JCPenney to move finance to Dallas, Salt Lake City. // Drug Store News;9/7/98, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p3
Focuses on JCPenney's plan to move all its employees in finance and accounting posts to Dallas, Texas and Salt Lake City, Utah. Effect of JCPenney's plan on Eckerd's Clearwater, Florida-based employees.
- JCPenney west regional president honored with Orange County Purchasing Council's award. // Diversity Suppliers & Business Magazine;Winter98, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p22
Reports that JCPenney's west regional president Edward Howard was presented with the 1998 Corporate Leadership Award by the Orange County Purchasing Council (OCPC). JCPenney's policy of including small, minority and women-owned businesses in the procurement process; Howard's educational...
- Penney maps strategy to rejuvenate apparel with `casual'... Williamson, Rusty // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/20/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 98, p1
Presents information on J.C. Penney's disappointing 1995 apparel business. Outlining of a plan to turn business around in Casual wear; Comments from James E.Osterreicher at the firm's annual meeting in Washington D.C.; New target markets for Hunt Club; Statistics on total company revenue in...
- JCPenney refocuses on core customer. Howell, Debbie // Discount Store News;6/7/99, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p7
Details the plan of JCPenny to halt lagging department store sales by focusing its effort on products appealing to core customers. Plans to raise the profitability of the company; Increase in revenue of the company in 1998; Details on the merchandise strategy of the company; Target customers of...
- JCPenney takes lead in on-line portraits. // Discount Store News;11/9/98, Vol. 37 Issue 21, p17
Discloses that retailer JCPenney is offering on-line portraits to consumers worldwide. JCPenney's Lifetouch-Photonet venture as first offering for commercial portrait photography; Commencement of the service's nationwide operation on September 14, 1998.
- JCPenney announces new appointments. // Caribbean Business;5/14/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p44
Announces the appointments made at JCPenney's international division. Names of persons and positions to which they were appointed; Description of the positions they held; Details on their background; Information on their career achievements.
- JC Penney: Multimillion-dollar expansion. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;5/16/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p20
Focuses on JC Penney's multimillion-dollar plan, which includes the construction and expansion of stores in Puerto Rico. Company's additional plans; Names of the stores to be expanded; Location of the additional stores; Projected number of employees after the expansions; Comments from Richard...