Bank one seen maintaining muni staff
- Ante Was High In Bank-asset Bid. Pletz, John // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/26/98, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p1A
Reports on the submission of several bids for an asset package offered by Bank One and First Chicago NDB. Bank One and First Chicago's demand for confidentiality and hiring restrictions from bidders; Negotiations between bidders and sellers about the hiring restriction clause of the deal;...
- New Bank One to expand private effort. Duran, Danielle // Private Placement Letter;01/11/99, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the creation of Bank One Corp. from the merger of First Chicago NBD and Bank One's holding companies. Expected traditional and non-traditional private placement volume; Demand from customers seeking efficient forms of capital; Middle-market customer base; Increase of staff of private...
- 1st Chicago Brand Being Erased from Illinois Map. de SENERPONT DOMIS, OLAF // American Banker;06/22/99, Vol. 164 Issue 118, p5
Reports on Bank One Corp.'s plan to transform First Chicago NBD Corp.'s branches into the Bank One brand. Bank One's efforts to attract new business in the Chicago, Illinois area; Establishment of a consistent and unified brand message; Total value of assets under management by the merged entity.
- Bank One to Rename All 188 1st Chicago Branches Today . OYER, LIZ // American Banker;9/13/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 175, p7
Focuses on the plans by Bank One Corp. to rename bank branches it purchased from First Chicago NBD Corp. Value of the branch purchase; Launching of the new names through advertising campaigns.
- NBD stock swirls amid merger talk. Molinari, Deanne // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/01/97, Vol. 15 Issue 48, p1
Reports on the impact of the merger between First Chicago NBD Corp. and Bank One to the former's stock market performance. Fluctuation of shared value; Financial performance of the bank's stock in October 1997; Benefits of the merger to the United States economy; Employee stock purchase plan of...
- As bank one Shrinks, NBD Actually Grows. Seelig, Fred // Grand Rapids Business Journal;04/05/99, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p9
Reports on the downsizing of Chicago, Illinois-based Bank One by five percent and on the increase in the employees of its acquired bank, First Chicago NBD Corp., in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Outsourcing of Bank One's operations.
- Bank One merger cut half of local legal staff. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;11/16/98, Vol. 14 Issue 46, p6
Reports on the reorganization of law departments in Bank One Corp., a product of the merger between First Chicago NBD Corp. and Banc One Corp., which reduced the number of its legal staff to 12 from 24 in Detroit, Michigan. Severance packages offered by the company to the lawyers who left;...
- Banc One-1st Chicago NBD poised to romp in Midwest. Chase, Brett // American Banker;4/14/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 69, p1
Discusses Banc One Corporation's merger with First Chicago NBD Corporation. Speculations on the resulting company; Comments from John B. McCoy, chairman of Banc One; Insight on Banc One's goals; Details on both companies.
- Bank One Pares Annuities Menu, Revises Offerings . O'D.MOORE, MICHAEL // American Banker;9/28/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 186, p9
Focuses on the decision of Bank One Corp. to reduce its annuity lineup one year after its merger with First Chicago NBD Corp. Introduction of a new menu eliminating product redundancy without sacrificing product variety; Market position of the bank in terms of annuity sales.