As bidding system operators look to N.Y. market, questions are raised
- MMD Data merged with Dalcomp service. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;01/21/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30562, p26
Reports on Thomson Financial Municipal Group's integration of its Municipal Market Data benchmark yield-curve data with Dalcomp's electronic new-issue messaging service. Details of how bond dealers use the Dalcomp service; Process by which dealers, underwriters, and sales people are able to...
- MuniAuction doubles head count. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;12/02/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30779, p30
Reports on Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based bond bidding company MuniAuction's plan to expand its staff to 150 by the end of 1999. Number of bond auctions that the company plans to finance; Background on some of MuniAuction's new hires in November 1999.
- Hennessy Hired At MuniAuction. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;04/18/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30873, p9
Reports on the appointment of Justin Hennessy as head of MuniAuction Inc.'s secondary and primary market auction initiatives.
- Heavy volume overwhelms MuniAuction. Hoffman, David; McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/20/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30791, p1A
Reports on the heavier-than-expected demand from institutional investors and brokers-dealers in the United States. Bids in MuniAuction Inc.'s first secondary market municipal bond sale.
- News in brief. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;01/10/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30804, p2
Presents news relevant to bond markets in the United States for the January 10, 2000. Includes the debate over interest rate hikes; Expansion of the business of MuniAuction Inc.
- Electronic offering for Texas school a first for first Southwest, Thomson. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;01/13/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30807, p24
Reports that First Southwest Co. and Thomson Financial Municipal Group used an electronic delivery system for the bond issue conducted for the Saint Mark's School of Texas. Details of the bond issue.
- Despite setback, MuniAuction still leads way in e-trading. Karchmer, Jennifer; Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;12/23/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30794, p1
Reports on MuniAuction Inc.'s continued leadership in the race to build the United States bond market's premier electronic trading platform. Broker-dealers and institutional investors' plan to check out rival systems; Lack of preparation for influx of buy-side interest in December 1999.
- TFMG buys software firm DuBois Brown. // Bond Buyer;02/01/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30819, p4
Reports on Thomson Financial Municipal Group's acquisition of DuBois Brown & Co. Terms of agreement.
- First Southwest strikes deal for private-label Thomson products. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;10/29/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30758, p4
Reports that Thomson Financial Municipals Group is creating a private-label version of its electronic primary-market products to serve First Southwest Co. customers. First Southwest's task of recommending that its financial advisory clients use Thomson's PARITY electronic bidding platform when...