It's a Dog's Life: PHOTOGRAPHS BY WILLIAM WEGMAN FROM THE POLAROID COLLECTION
- A Dog's Best Friend. Shyr, Luna // National Geographic;Feb2012, Vol. 221 Issue 2, p142
A photograph is presented of photographer William Wegman with his pet Weimaraner dogs.
- Pup art. Lyon, Todd // Biography;May97, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p52
Focuses on the photography of artist William Wegman which features the weimaraners, hunting dogs. How get into an idea of focusing his art on the dogs; His first weimaraner; His contentment in mid-life.
- FAY RAY PAWSES FOR PARENTHOOD. Liu, Nina // American Photo;Jan/Feb90, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p7
The article reports that Fay Ray, a Weimaraner who attained pictorial stardom in the photographs of William Wegman, gave birth to eight puppies. Composing of six male and female, the puppies were delivered by Wegman and he captured the newborns on film. Only one female puppy named Bettina was...
- SUPER MODEL. Schonauer, David // Smithsonian;Sep2011, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p14
The article discusses the career of photographer William Wegman, focusing on his photography of Weimaraner dogs. It comments on his dogs Man Ray and Fay Ray, particularly examining the photograph entitled "Roller Rover," featuring Fay Ray on roller skates. The author considers the...
- Puppy love. Lipton, Michael A.; Wang, Cynthia // People;11/17/97, Vol. 48 Issue 20, p248
Presents photographs taken by William Wegman of his weimaraners.
- 3 Questions, 3 Answers. Keese, Susan // Yankee;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p18
Interviews photographer William Wegman. Factors that influence Wegman to start and to continue to take pictures of Weimaraner dogs; Techniques used by Wegman to get the dogs to hold poses; Reaction of people to the involvement of Wegman's dogs in his work.
- THE MASTERS. // American Photo;Jan/Feb90, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p62
The article features several famous photographers and their achievements in the 1980s. William Wegman's photographs of his Weimaraner made him one of the most visible art photographers of the decade. Annie Leibovitz attained the dominant sense of drama that she injected to her portraits of the...
- WEGMANOLOGY (Book Review). // Entertainment Weekly;11/16/2001, Issue 625/626, p119
Reviews the book 'Wegmanology,' by William Wegman.
- Whimsical Weimaraners. PASACRETA, KAREN // Teaching Pre K-8;Feb99, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p44
Features photographer Bill Wegman. Wegman's introduction to dog photography; Problems encountered by Wegman with Man Ray, a weimaraner he used as the subject of his photography; Books written by Wegman.