Private utilities step up attack on munis at meeting
- "The Death Sentence" // Saturday Evening Post;6/29/1935, Vol. 207 Issue 52, p22
Focuses on the passage of the Public Utility Act of 1935 which defines the ownership and control of public-utility holding companies in the U.S. Terms and provisions of the law; Contention of the author that the growth of the utility industry has accompanied some grave abuses; Assessment of the...
- The high price of poor performance. Eby, Michael // Transmission & Distribution World;Mar98, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p4
Opinion. Comments about the penalties imposed on American public utilities due to concern on their reliability. Example of the rate reduction for Entergy Gulf States in Texas; Initiation of service quality measures for the merger approval of Portland General Electric and Enron in Oregon;...
- Identifying distributed generation and demand side management... Hoff, Thomas E. // Energy Journal;1996, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p89
Focuses on a method used to estimate how much a utility can afford to pay for side management programs when the change in system capacity due to distributed resource, constantly change from year to year and when there is no uncertainty. Infrastructure of the method; How analysts can use this...
- For your information. Atwater, Kristin M. // Government Product News;Aug94, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p3
Reports on developments related to public utilities in the United States as of August 1994. Fax on demand automated system; Safety standard for public playground equipment; ` Worldwide Brochures, The Official Travel Brochure Directory,' by Travel Companions International.
- Leading-edge utility practices: Raising the bar for municipal operations. Litke, Rod; Scheibe, Murray // American City & County;Apr94, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p61
Focuses on municipal utility operations. Cost management; Customer service technology; Capabilities included in customer information system (CSI); Non-CIS technologies; Efficiency increase; Importance of marketing programs. INSET: City revamps its electric utility program..
- Public utilities in a market economy: A third way? Bieri, Stephan; Hagmann, Hans Rudolf // Atlantic Economic Journal;Sep93, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p85
Proposes an approach for public utilities in a market economy. Adoption of an adequate accounting system; Prices based on cost; Setting of objectives by the government; Advantages.
- New trends will change the utility industry. Flanigan, James // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/9/95, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p16
No abstract available.
- Merger mania, utility style. Stovall, Robert H. // FW;11/7/95, Vol. 164 Issue 23, p94
Reports that a confluence of forces has created more potential for the utility investment sector than seen in many years. Current and projected direction of interest rates as a reliable factor; The regulatory changes stemming from the 1992 National Energy Policy Act.
- Pipeliners' reunion. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Oct96, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p7
Announces the reunion of pipeliners on March 14 to 15, 1997 at the Crown Plaza Hotel in Branson, Missouri. Contact information.