Road bill could pave the way for larger DOT issue
- Virginia: Roanoke's Share. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/10/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31301, p31
Reports on the announcement of Virginia's governor James S. Gilmore that he has awarded a portion of the state's private-activity bond allocation to the city of Roanoke. Amount of the bond that the city will use to issue tax-exempt bonds for area development; Administrators of the state's...
- Outgoing Virginia Governor Pushes $1 Billion Bond Plan for Higher Ed . Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31302, p3
Focuses on the proposal of Virginia's Governor James S. Gilmore for state lawmakers to enact higher education bond package. Debate to eliminate budget shortfall for the fiscal year 2002; Aim of the bond to build technologically advanced college campuses.
- Paving Virginia's Future. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/06/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30865, p1
Focuses on Virginia General Assembly's approval of a bill authorizing Virginia to issue grant anticipation revenue vehicle bonds. Pressure from frustrated motorists; Speculation on Governor James Gilmore's stand on the bill; Funds for transport needs of the state.
- VIRGINIA GOVERNOR CALLS FOR ACTION ON DIGITAL DIVIDE. // Black Issues in Higher Education;09/28/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p43
Focuses on the actions taken by Virginia Governor James S. Gilmore III to establish a Digital Dominion that will make the opportunities of the Internet available to every citizen. Impact of the information technology on the state.
- James Gilmore. Shattuck, Jessica // Mother Jones;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p19
Reports on New York City Police Department's barricading of a crime-infested block of West 159th Street in Washington Heights. Saturation of the area with police officers; Protest of Detective James Gilmore.
- Virginia rejects fee hike. Brown, Bob // Waste News;05/17/99, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p4
Reports on the rejection of a measure supported by state lawmakers by Virginia governor James Gilmore that would boost the state's trash disposal fee per ton. Reason for fee increase proposal; Reason for veto of bill by Gilmore.
- A proper veto. // Waste News;05/17/99, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p8
Editorial. Applauds the decision of Virginia governor James Gilmore to veto the increase of trash disposal fee in the state. Reason for price increase by the General Assembly; Reason for rejection of proposal by Gilmore.
- States Want 'Net Taxes. Blake, Kevin // Consumers' Research Magazine;Feb2000, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p38
Reports that a coalition of United States officials has urged Congress to overturn the ban on Internet sales tax. Proposal of Virginia Governor James S. Gilmore III; Outcome of imposing sales taxes on Internet purchases; Stance of the Congress on the issue.
- Gov. Gilmore Alone Might Get Chance to Rework Budget. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;02/23/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31083, p5
Reports the impact of dispute between Virginia Governor James Gilmore III and state lawmakers over the repeal of the annual car tax on the governor's plan to rewrite the state budget. Amendments to the states' biennial budget; Significance of the proposal to the General Assembly; Specification...