Whitman to sign N.J. tax rebate bill
- N.J. governor attempts to trim property taxes with $1 billion program. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;01/13/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30557, p36
Reports that New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman unveiled a property tax rebate program. Value of the property tax rebate program introduced by Whitman; Conditions under the tax rebate initiative; Concerns on the possibility that the Governor's program would reduce the state's financial...
- New Jersey. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;07/28/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30196, p26
Reports on New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman's signing of legislation distributing $740 million in local property tax aid for fiscal 1998. Earlier signing of a bill replacing the state's gross receipts and franchise tax with a combination of several other taxes.
- Winter of our discontent. // Business News New Jersey;01/12/98, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p10
Editorial. Comments on property taxation in New Jersey and Governor Christie Whitman's attitude toward it. Indepth look at the appointment of a commission by the governor to study proprety taxation; The author's disappointment in the governor who claims to feel the pain of the public on...
- `Whitman Wins By A Whisker'. Dyke, Jerry // Insurance Advocate;11/08/97, Vol. 108 Issue 44, p16
Focuses on various issues regarding the insurance industry in New Jersey as of November 8, 1997. Inadequate mandates about automobile insurance and property taxes in New Jersey during the term of Governor Christine Todd Whitman; Order given by Commissioner Lisa Randall for the insurance...
- Property tax break. // State Government News;Mar99, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p7
Reports on the plan of New Jersey Governor Christine Whitman to offer a property tax break. Argument from opponents to Whitman's proposal.
- N.J.'s Whitman urges greater voter say over local tax hikes in state address. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;01/14/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30310, p30
Reports on New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman's proposal to force local governments to obtain voter approval when they try to raise property taxes faster than the rate of inflation. Use of state of the state address in January 1998 to issue the proposal; Concerns about rising property...
- N.J. tax rebate knocked. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;02/02/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30570, p1
Highlights a Standard & Poor's report about New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman's property tax rebate proposal to solve the state's property tax problems. Possible failure of the proposal to solve the underlying issue of the state's high tax burden; New Jersey's need to consolidate and...
- Republican Response. Whitman, Christie // Congressional Digest;Mar1995, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p67
Presents excerpts from New Jersey Governor Christie Whitman's State of the Union Response delivered January 24, 1995. Financial issues; Tax increases; Welfare reform; Opposition to the balanced budget amendment.
- Silenced swings. // Northern New Jersey Business;5/3/95, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p3
Reports on New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman's refusal of the plan for an 18-hole golf course and other improvements in the Liberty State Park in Jersey City. Preservation of the park as the main reason.