Trustee for AHERF bonds files federal suit to regain funds
- Allegheny adds to Philadelphia ranks. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;8/12/96, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p10
Reports on Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation's management of the Graduate Health System's operating units which is regarded as an initial step toward consolidation. Terms of the transaction; Absence of any monetary involvement; Background on the two systems.
- Investors sue over AHERF hospital deal. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;02/24/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30585, p1
Reports that master trustee IBJ Whitehall Bank & Trust Co. has filed a suit against executives of the defunct Graduate Health System of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania for allegedly enriching themselves at investors' expense. Accusation that Graduate executives stripped the hospital group of money...
- PA system's consolidation plans may end insurer feud. J.G. // AHA News;8/12/96, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p4
Reports on the planned merger between Graduate Health System's hospitals and the Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation. Independence Blue Cross' lawsuit against Graduate; Effects of the dispute on Graduate's hospitals in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Other hospitals going through...
- System slashes jobs, pay. Hensley, Scott // Modern Healthcare;10/20/97, Vol. 27 Issue 42, p2
Focuses on Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation which slashed management salaries at its 10 Philadelphia area hospitals. Financial information on AHERF; Reason for the layoffs; Comments from AHERF president and chief executive officer Sherif S. Abdelhak.
- Doc practices draining AHERF. Hensley, Scott // Modern Healthcare;12/15/97, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p12
Offers a look at rating of hospitals which are owned by Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation. Details on downgraded bonds for AHERF, by Standard and Poor, a New York based rating agency; Information on negative cash flow by the hospitals.
- Ridge rejects state bailout of AHERF hospitals. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;07/16/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30436, p3
Discloses that Pennsylvania state officials will not bail out the financially troubled Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation. Plan to accelerate state and city payments to the hospital system.
- Allegheny Health. // Communications News;Oct94, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p71
Reports on Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation's work on a project to identify, develop and implement ATM-based health care applications.
- State officials fear Pittsburgh-area AHERF hospitals face bankruptcy. Asplund, Jon // AHA News;12/14/98, Vol. 34 Issue 46, p6
Focuses on bankruptcy faced by Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation (AHERF) hospitals in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Information on the appointment of William Scharffenberger to oversee AHERF; Creditors' claims against AHERF executives; Details on the investigations to be conducted...
- AHERF files for Chapter 11. Hensley, Scott // Modern Healthcare;07/27/98, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p2
Reports that Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation (AHERF) has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection from its creditors. Reason for the bankruptcy filing; Explanations from Anthony Sanzo, appointed chief executive officer of AHERF; Brief overview on the financial status of...