Stadium bonds delayed
- Treasurer Urges Caution in Seattle Monorail Issue. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;3/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31597, p4
Reports that the Washington state treasurer Michael J. Murphy has recommended a scaled-down initial debt offerings to fund a monorail project in the state. Reasons for the move; Details of the project; Amount of funds required to fund the project.
- Targeting insurance costs. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;02/05/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30573, p1
Reports on Washington Treasurer Michael Murphy's testimony that bond insurance for locally approved school debt is an unnecessary cost. Call for lawmakers to launch a program extending a state guarantee to those bonds; Murphy and a coalition of bond lawyers' drafting of a legislation that would...
- Bidders Break Record. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32200, p31
Focuses on the bonds sold by Washington in three competitive auctions on August 17, 2005. Remarks of state Treasurer Michael Murphy regarding the success of the competitive auctions; Total amount raised by the state from the auctions.
- Top Washington aide fired over handling of tax-status inquiry. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;08/03/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30696, p1
Reports that Washington State Treasurer Michael Murphy fired debt manager Tim Kerr in August 1999 for failing disclose that the United States government may have violated federal tax laws concerning three housing bond issues sold in 1993 and 1994. Importance of maintaining federal tax issues...
- How to have an extraordinary life. Leonard, G. // Psychology Today;May92, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p42
Presents an interview with Michael Murphy, on his new book `The Future of the Body.' On evolution of the body; What he means by human attributes; Whether he is stepping outside the boundaries of hard science; `Metanormal'; Optimism; How we begin to recognize the extraordinary; More. INSET: We...
- Music producer hits a high note. Parent, Tawn // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);2/21/94, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p1
Profiles music producer Michael Murphy from New Orleans, Louisiana. Efforts for the recognition of New Orleans music; Specialty in producing live music for television and festival production; Planned performances in Japan.
- Tech talk. Wolff, M.F. // Research Technology Management;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p5
Presents a quote from `California Technology Stock Letter' magazine publisher Michael Murphy on changes in the American economic model.
- An ace analyst says get out of hot stocks and funds--now! Edgerton, J. // Money;Aug1990, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p26
Interviews analyst Michael Murphy, who explains why he feels the stock market isn't a good place to invest right now. Economy and budget deficit; Advice for stock and mutual fund investors.
- Final say. // Golf World;2/9/96, Vol. 49 Issue 27, p13
Presents a quotation by author Michael Murphy concerning his Ambassador of Golf Award from the California Golf Writers Association.