- Economic development roundtable. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;08/31/98, Vol. 12 Issue 18, p18
Discusses the views of several New York executives involved in the economic development of the state. Includes Operation Oswego County director L. Michael Treadwell; Central New York Regional Planning and Development Board director of economic development David V. Bottar; Greater Syracuse...
- Wall St. cracks; whither NYC? // Crain's New York Business;09/21/98, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p8
Opinion. Comments on economic development in New York, highlighting factors which contributed to the economic recovery of that state. Details on unemployment in New York; Information on New York's stock market; Impact of Wall Street's profits on economic development in New York.
- Skyrocketing rents pain 2 industries, but what can the city do about it? Townsend, Alair // Crain's New York Business;09/21/98, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p9
Comments on economic conditions in New York, highlighting factors which contributed to the states economic development. Problems being caused by expansion in that state; Information on financial services firms in New York.
- Editor's notebook. Duvoli, John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/2/94 - 5/9/94, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p38
Editorial. Offers an opinion on the restoration of the economy of Hudson Valley, New York. Need for job attraction, training and retraining; Minor league baseball debate; Escalating unemployment and mortgage defaults; State officials' efforts at reviving economy.
- Legislation to promote N.Y. economic development. // Energy User News;Aug97, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the passing of a legislation by the New York Senate, which will make 400 megawatts of low-cost power available to businesses in the state, to encourage job retention and promote expansion. Information on the legislation; What is reflected by the legislation; Comments from Senate...
- New York's obese welfare state. // American Enterprise;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p13
Outlines the factors for New York's high incidence of taxation. High number of welfare recipients in the state; Median salary for teachers; Level of Medicaid payments; Prison perks; Bloated public service bureaucracy.
- The Red Sea. Klein, J. // New York;1/21/91, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p14
Discusses the major economic problems that New York City and New York State are facing. Recent financial reports by Mayor David Dinkins and Governor Mario Cuomo; Proposed budget plans; Reduction of city work force; Taxes.
- Root-canal work. Klein, J. // New York;4/8/91, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p14
Discusses the huge deficits that both the city and the State of New York have and how the root-canal work of politics--tax increases, service reductions, layoffs--is about to begin. Same old problems facing new leadership--fiscally conservative Mario Cuomo and decisive, hands on David Dinkins.
- New York State's economy trails in nationwide recovery. Hendricks, Mike // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/27/94 - 7/4/94, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the state of economy of the State of New York. Higher unemployment rate; First quarter statistics; Recovery in upstate New York.