Deadline extended for Marengo, Ala., tender offer
- Insured Sale Set for Port Of Oakland. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/18/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31430, p1
Reports on the sale of revenue bonds for the Port of Oakland to retail investors and institutional investors in negotiated deal in California. Value of the revenue bonds; Approval of the deal by the port's board of commissioners; Uses of funds from the sale.
- Alabama Port Settles Zero-Coupon Audit. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;11/18/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31515, p1
Reports that Marengo County, Alabama Port Authority has paid an undisclosed amount of money to reach a settlement with the Internal Revenue Service that keeps its allegedly abusive zero-coupon bond deal tax-exempt. Reasons for the settlement; Refusal of the Bermuda Insurance Trust to turn any...
- Summit County Port Authority Is Planning a Major Flood of Bonds. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;2/16/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33665, p8
The article offers information on the Summit County Port Authority's plan to significantly ramp up its bond financing.
- Alabama Authority wants access to trust to pay IRS. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;08/05/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30450, p1
Focuses on the Marengo County, Alabama, Port Authority's desire to gain access to a bond insurance trust fund that could help the authority settle claims by the United States Internal Revenue Service that its 1989 bond issue is taxable.
- Port of San Francisco Granted New Bonding Authority. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/13/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32216, p36
Reports on the grant of new bonding powers to the Port of San Francisco under legislation that has been approved by the California Legislature. Aim of the new law to allow the port to use redevelopment-style financing without going through a development agency; Significance of the law to the...
- Pennsylvania Transit Agencies Eye Service Cuts, Fare Hikes. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;5/12/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31633, p34
With mass transit systems facing lean times nationwide, Pennsylvania's two largest are mulling deep service cuts and fare hikes to bridge budget gaps, although the shortfalls have had little impact on borrowing plans and have not affected their bond ratings. ï¿½ They' re now at the point...
- N.Y.-N.J. Port's $300 Million Deal Leads Another Slow Week. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;9/2/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31710, p6
Provides an overview of various issues that will be traded in the U.S. money market in the first week of September 2003. Bond issue of $300 million by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey; Other major deals that are anticipated by the market in this week.
- Southwest bond-watch. Albanese, Elizabeth; Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;12/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30782, p31
Presents various news related to bonds in Texas as of December 7, 1999. Referendum at the Clear Creek Independent School District on bonds for construction of school facilities; Decision of opponents of the expansion of the Port of Houston Bayport Terminal not to sue the Port of Houston...
- N.Y.-NJ. Port Authority Increases Swap Capacity. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;4/28/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32121, p40
The article reports that the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey's board increased the bi-state agency's interest-rate swap capacity to $1,3 billion from $500 million under a new policy adopted yesterday. The authority's $373 million of existing swaps will not count against the new limit....