Deadline looms for N.H. school reform
- The drive for parental control. Owen, Robert // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;11/29/93, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p46
Recounts the inaugural Edmonton meeting of Albertans for Quality Education, an association formed to promote objective academic standards and greater parental influence in schools. Speeches by educational reformers Joe Freedman and Andrew Nikiforuk; Estrangement between local communities and...
- Educational Change in Asia: An Overview. Maclean, Rupert // Journal of Educational Change;Sep2001, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p189
Presents an introduction to the September 2001 of the periodical "Journal of Educational Change."
- PROSPECTS FOR RADICAL SCHOOL REFORM. Elkin, Sol M. // Education;Apr/May72, Vol. 92 Issue 4, p72
Enumerates the steps that should be taken to develop a radical school reform program in the United States. Factors that hinder the effectiveness of schools in the country; Role of the public in the development of an effective school reform program; Comparison between the influence exerted by...
- Back to the Future. // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/9/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 15, p27
The article discusses the failure of Connecticut to progress educational reforms despite the support given by voters, parent groups and school administrators, as well as the community and business leaders.
- Our Attempts at Educational Change Are Programmed for Failure. Longo, Paul // Educational Leadership;Dec82, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p70
Discusses various attempts for educational change. Suggestions to avoid some major errors encountered from the past; Need of the research efforts to be better organized and more intelligently applied; Introduction of an idea, program, model, technique and theory.
- Did Not! Did So! // Alberta Views;Sep2008, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p21
An excerpt from the conversation between education critic Harry Chase and Minister of Education Dave Hancock on June 3, 2008 is presented.
- How to reform public education. McSORLEY, TOM // Commonweal;12/20/2013, Vol. 140 Issue 20, p2
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the book review article "Reform of the Reform," by Jackson Lears in the November 15, 2013 issue.
- Re-imagine education. Howell, Shea // Michigan Citizen;2/24/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 16, pA1
The article offers information on the importance of creating new forms of education and systems for the better future in Detroit, Michigan.
- Following the Plan. Olson, Lynn // Education Week;04/14/99, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p28
Reports that success in whole-school reform depends on how well schools implement the designs. Variability that exist when trying to implement a reform program; Barriers to implementation; Importance of the selection of design. INSET: Key Ingredients in the Reform Recipe.