Duff & Phelps to expand its presence
- West Virginia wants answers. Williams, Fred // Pensions & Investments;7/25/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p7
Reports that the West Virginia State Board of Investments called Duff & Phelps Investment Management Co. in Chicago, Illinois to explain its poor performance for the year ending June 30, 1994.
- Duff & Phelps' new unit in London to focus on structured deals. // American Banker;7/7/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 129, p24
Reports on Duff & Phelps Credit Rating Co.'s opening of an office in London, England, to serve European debt issuers, investors and banks. Paul Taylor as manager of the office; Evaluation of structured finance transactions.
- Duff & Phelps executes spinoff. // National Real Estate Investor;Jan95, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p8
Reports on Duff & Phelps Credit Rating Co.'s completion of its spinoff from Duff & Phelps Corporation. Company profile.
- High-yield arena gets new wrinkle. Cardona, Mercedes M. // Pensions & Investments;9/5/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p9
Reports on Duff & Phelps Investment Management's offering of a high-yield investment vehicle to institutions. Investment criteria to be fulfilled by the new vehicle; Projected 17.3% annual return for Duff & Phelps' five-year-old portfolio.
- Duff & Phelps to give on-line access to its rating info and research via INN's Website. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/09/96, Vol. 100 Issue 37, p60
Reports on Duff & Phelps's offer of ratings and other information about insurance companies on Insurance News Network's World Wide Web site.
- For subprime asset-backeds, S. Calif. slump's effect lingers. Timmons, Heather // American Banker;6/6/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 108, p7
Reports on the impact of the slump in Southern California's economy in the early 1990s on subprime loans-backed securities. Duff & Phelps Credit Rating Co.'s downgrading of pool loans; Region's housing market as the source of the slump; Other factors affecting the poor performance of securities...
- DCR unveils consolidated ratings. Sclafane, Susanne // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;07/20/98, Vol. 102 Issue 29, p35
Reports on Duff & Phelps Credit Rating Co.'s launching of the Consolidated Claims Paying Ability Ratings, a ratings system for the insurance industry. Duff's purpose in creating the ratings system; Approach of the company in analyzing companies using the system.
- New player enters credit rating game. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;05/24/99, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p68
Reports on the plans of Duff & Phelps Credit Rating Co. to provide credit rating services for not-for-profit healthcare systems. Goal of Duff & Phelps; Competitors; Challenges that must be overcome by the company.
- Duff & Phelps: A Tale of Two Cities And Client Losses. Philley, Alicia // Investment Management Weekly;3/27/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p1
Reports the sale of the office of Duff & Phelps Investment Management company in Cleveland, Ohio.