- UBS embarks on global shake-up of law firms. Begum, Husnara // Lawyer;2/28/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p1
This article presents information related to UBS Investment Bank which is in the throes of a full-scale review of its global panel in a bid to rationalize the firms it uses in the U.S., Europe and Asia. UBS is the latest in a string of investment and clearing banks to undertake of their law...
- SECURITIES IN REGISTRATION: EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/16/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 19, p54
Lists several securities and planned initial public offerings registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission under the equity market compiled as of May 2005. Corporations which have filed offerings under debt and equity markets; Indications of securities trading; Market indicators.
- Over-priced cracks in the American dream? Yarker, Jon // Money Marketing (Online Edition);9/12/2013, p51
The article presents the author's views on the uncertainty in the funds management market due to the dangers involving the ability of the U.S. authorities to reign in their economy. Most funds managers perceive the valuation of U.S. equities to be uncertain and risky with very little chance of...
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;4/15/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31615, p29
Presents data pertaining to derivative securities and bond yields in the U.S. as of April 15, 2003. Cost of funds for a fixed-coupon bond compared with a synthetic bond created from variable-rate debt and a swap.
- WRAP WATCH. // Asset Securitization Report;7/25/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 29, p27
This section provides information related to securities markets in the U.S.
- The Rise and Fall of Bank-Loan Capitalism: Institutionally Driven Growth and Crisis in Japan. Ozawa, Terutomo // Journal of Economic Issues (Association for Evolutionary Economi;Jun99, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p351
In any market economy, banks play a key role in money creation and investment. They are the single most important intermediary for indirect finance across the world. The securities market is also another ubiquitous presence for direct finance. The latter, however, normally develops and gains in...
- Centralizing Credit Default Swap Counterparty Risk: SEC Temporary Rules and Exemptions. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2009 Q1, Special section p1
The article focuses on the rules and exemptions adopted by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on credit default swap (CDS) central counterparty (CCP) risk. SEC issued two orders on December 24, 2008 exempting CCPs for CDS from its registration requirements under the Securities Act...
- Competitive Commission Rates, Execution Quality, and Customer's Market Power. Melnik, Arie; Ofer, Aharon R. // Journal of Money, Credit & Banking (Ohio State University Press);May80 Part 1, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p221
This article evaluates competitive commission rates, execution quality, and customer market power in the U.S. The author considers if enough evidence exists to suggest that large customers can obtain lower commission rates for particular services. The institutional background of the commission...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Lim, Yong // Bond Buyer;4/21/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31618, p2
Presents news briefs related to the securities industry in the U.S. as of April 21, 2003. Amount to be paid by the Treasury Department at its weekly auction of 91 day and 182 day discount bills; Rise in first-time applications for state unemployed benefits in the week ended April 12, 2003;...