- Symantec Stock Gains As Revamp Plans Click. DONNA HOWELL // Investors Business Daily;5/ 9/2014, p00
The article reports on the increase of technology company Symantec Corp.'s stocks by over 3% on the U.S. stock market in 2014. Noted is the increase of the earnings of the company at 47 cents per share. The uncertainty of the management of the company remains high, which is projected to lead to...
- Execs Urge Investors to Give Bank Stocks a Chance. Monks, Matthew // American Banker;9/16/2011, Vol. 176 Issue F336, p16
The article discusses the U.S. market for bank stocks and the ideas that bank stocks have a risk-taking image, government regulation has limited trading, and market capitalization and performance are misaligned.
- People's Bank of Commerce in Oregon Begins $5 Million Raise. Cumming, Chris // American Banker;6/11/2013, Vol. 178 Issue 89, p9
The article notes People's Bank of Commerce in Medford, Oregon will sell stock to its existing shareholders through July 8, 2013 and then offer shares to bank employees and other investors through August 31. The lender's offering could be as much as 500,000 shares. The article notes the bank's...
- "Gone Fishing" American style. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/20/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p6
In this article, the author discusses the stock allocation in the U.S. The author mentions that the Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF (VTI), which consists of large-cap stocks, is the first U.S. stock selection for the lion's share of equity market returns in the country. The author states that...
- Financings Roundup. // BioWorld Today;8/25/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 163, p11
The article reports on the sale of preferred and common stocks of Cell Therapeutics Inc. The Seattle, Washington-based company closed on the sale of 30 million dollars of shares of preferred stock. It also received an estimated 28.2 million dollars from a registered offering of a single...
- Stocks feel the heat. // Dow Theory Forecasts;2/3/2014, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p3
The author discusses the concerns of Dow Theorists regarding the declining U.S. stocks for 2014. The author states that the Dow Theory cannot forecast the duration or severity of the market movement and the difficulty of timing secondary corrections. The author notes that the one-third to...
- My Take on Headline Issues. Larson, Paul // Morningstar StockInvestor;8/15/2010, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p1
The article presents questions and answers related to stocks in the U.S. including is the market is overvalued or undervalued, what are the sectors most attractive in the present, and where would the market head in the next week, month or year.
- Q&A. // DRIP Investor;Mar2011, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p3
The article presents questions and answers related to stocks including one regarding direct stock purchase plans, one regarding stock splits and one on the major stock transfer agents in the U.S.
- Alliance Bank of Pa. Going (Partially) Public. Kulikowski, Laurie // American Banker;6/8/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 109, p19
This article discusses the decision of Alliance Bank to offer a larger percentage of its stock shares to the public. Alliance, which currently offers twenty percent of its stock to the public, is offering an additional twenty-five percent for public stock trading. Investment analysts call this...