- THE EFFECT OF FIRM FINANCIAL CHARACTERISTICS AND THE AVAILABILITY OF ALTERNATE FINANCE ON IPO UNDERPRICING. Marshall, Beverly B. // Journal of Economics & Finance;Spring2004, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p88
This article tests the hypothesis that the financial characteristics of the issuing firm, along with the availability of alternative sources of financing, are important determinants of the level of underpricing. While risk and its relationship to underpricing have been examined in previous...
- THE IPO 100. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/23/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 20, p16
Presents a chart depicting the average price of the most recent 100 initial public offerings in the U.S.
- The IPO 100. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/26/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 36, p17
Presents a chart depicting the most recent one hundred initial public offerings in the U.S.
- The IPO 100. // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/20/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p15
The article present a list of the most recent 100 initial public offerings closed on February 15, 2006 in the U.S. It includes the Morgans Hotel Group, Magellan Midstream Holdings, Resource Capital, Smart Modular Technologies, and Western Refining.
- INITIAL PUBLIC OFFERINGS. // San Diego Business Journal;8/9/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p15
Presents a chart depicting the ranking of initial public offerings based on the dollar amount of the 2003 offerings in San Diego, California.
- Financial Pacific preparing IPO. Mulholland, Sarah // Asset Securitization Report;4/19/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p6
Reports that Financial Pacific Leasing, the small-ticket leasing company, is preparing for an initial public offering in the U.S. S-1 filing submitted to the Securities and Exchange Commission on April 9, 2004; Total amount of the offering; Use of the offering proceeds to redeem outstanding...
- Spy Eyeing Chance For Public Offering. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;9/27/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p1
The article reports that Spy Optic Inc., a sunglass and goggle maker, is palling to go public. The company described plans for a $21 million initial public offering in a statement filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on September 15, 2004. The date of the start of its stock...
- Partial Adjustment to Public Information and IPO Underpricing. Bradley, Daniel J.; Jordan, Bradford D. // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Dec2002, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p595
We examine the extent to which offer prices reflect public information for 3,325 IPOs over the period 1990-1999. We focus primarily on four variables: share overhang, file range amendments, venture capital backing, and previous issue underpricing. We show that 35%-50% of the variation in IPO...
- Knology Has Gone Public, Raising $56M After Reorg. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p46
Deals with the plan of Knology Inc. after the completion of its initial public offering (IPO). Amount raised by Knology in the IPO; Share price of Knology since the company went public; Uses of the IPO proceeds for Knology.