Harlequin Revenues, Operating Profits Down Nearly 6%
- Sales Fall at Harlequin. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/2/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 31, p7
Reports on a decline in sales posted by publisher Harlequin in the second quarter of 2004. Percentage of decline in sales in the U.S.; Factor which had a major contribution to the decline in sales; Prospects for sales for the remainder of the year; Decline in operating profits and revenue.
- News Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;5/9/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 18, p5
Reports developments on publishers and publishing in the U.S. Revenue increase for the entire organization of the McGraw Hill Cos. Inc. Bertelsmann AG revenue increase for the first quarter of 2005; Increase net income for organization.
- Spanish-Language Publishing in U.S. Nears Critical Mass. Kiser, Karin N. // Publishers Weekly;9/18/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 38, p47
Discusses the changes that have taken place in the Spanish book industry. Value of the Spanish book market in 1999; Estimated annual buying power of Hispanics in 2000; Reasons for expanding Harlequin's Hispanic publishing effort.
- Harlequin Has Record Year. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/17/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 11, p12
Presents updates on U.S. publishing firm Harlequin as March 17, 2003. Percentage of revenue increase; Profits in the North American retail market; Profits in its overseas operations.
- Harlequin To Expand Romantic Suspense, Other Imprints In 2005. // Book Publishing Report;3/7/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p4
Focuses on the plan of romance publisher Harlequin Ltd. to publish more books that are part of mass market series after experiencing a 22 percent drop in operating income in 2004. Expansion of the publication of the publishing's Blaze series; Launch of Harlequin Next, which focuses on stories of...
- Testing New Models. Dawson, Laura; Andriani, Lynn; Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/12/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 45, p26
The article deals with the efforts of trade publishers to intensify their search for ways to sell digital content. According to The Veronis Suhler Stevenson Communications Industry Forecast, digital spending on consumer books totaled only $59 million in 2006. Mobifusion partners with publishers...
- MAXIMIZING YOUR COMPANY'S VALUE. Kreiter, Michael D. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Mar2008, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p46
The article discusses the factors that add value when selling publishing properties on the market. It is inferred that publications that occupy the leading positions in the competitive marketplace command the highest prices prompting buyers to look for measurable parameters such as advertising...
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;8/5/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p6
Reports financial developments of book publisher Harlequin Ltd. in the U.S. Increase of sales in women's fiction; Percentage of the increase of the revenues; Operating profit of the company.
- Buyers wanted. Crawley, Devin // Quill & Quire;Apr2000, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p33
Reports on the options of retiring publishers on the sale of the publishing business in Canada. Doubts on the inclination of a large publisher to buy the business; Difficulty in identifying a potential partner; Reason of the discouragement of mergers between publishers by the Book Publishing...