Scholastic Allowing Chicken House To Keep Autonomy After Buy
- News Brief. // Publishers Weekly;5/2/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 18, p8
Presents news briefs on publishing companies as of May 2005. Acquisition of Chicken House Publishing by Scholastic; Merger between Big Earth Publishing and Johnson Books; Increase in sales in Amazon.com's North American media group.
- Lord purchases business line of Henkel KGaA. // Rubber World;Jul2006, Vol. 234 Issue 4, p6
The article offers news briefs related to the U.S. rubber industry. Lord has completed its acquisition of the rubber-to-substrate bonding and rubber coating business of Henkel KGaA. Hercules Tire & Rubber has purchased Tire Distributor USA. Bridgestone announced that its European subsidiary,...
- Purchasing the best of both. Severs, Jon // PrintWeek;1/25/2013, p18
The article offers a guide on mergers and acquisitions as a beneficial decision for both buyer and seller in the British print industry. While it concedes that it could be intimidating for the seller and a daunting process for the buyer, it believes that owners can cash in on their hard work,...
- Indian Chemical Industry 2008 : Strangling under policy vacuum. Nair, M. P. Sukumaran // Chemical Business;Jan2008, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p14
The article focuses on the Indian chemical industry in 2008. According to it, the Indian sector accounts for only 2 percent of the global chemical industry which is valued at about US$ 1.7 trillion. It mentions some of the companies that have been involved in mergers and acquisitions and have...
- BUSINESS DIARY. // Crain's Detroit Business;11/24/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 47, p0019
The article offers business news briefs in Michigan as of November 24, 2014 including the acquisition of Blue Sphere Solutions Inc. by technology consulting firm C/D/H, the expansion of Botsford Hospital by opening the Botsford Mohs Surgery Center in Detroit, and the launch of HyperWorks...
- Enthone Expands in Eastern Europe. // Finishing Today;Feb2008, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p10
The article reports on the opening of the two new companies by Enthone Inc. in the Europe area including Enthone in Romania and Enthone s.r.o. in Slovakia. These two companies are created as a response to their international expansion in the continent. Enthone S.R.L. is acquired from Galvano...
- Survey echoes M&A prosâ€™ optimistic view. NOBILE, JEREMY // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/19/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p0001
The article reports that 82 percent of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) professionals in the U.S. anticipate that their clients or companies will engage in one or more acquisitions in 2015 based on a KPMG LLP survey. Topics covered include the expected rise in deal valuations, the focus on the...
- Scholastic Acquires Tom Snyder, Torstar Leaves Education Behind. // Educational Marketer;1/7/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p5
Reports on the acquisition of Tom Synder Productions by K-12 powerhouse Scholastic in December 2001.
- Partnerships & Acquisitions... // Educational Marketer;3/11/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p8
Presents information on the acquisition of children's book and activity kit publisher Klutz by Scholastic Corp.