Bowker Stat-of-the-Week: Books On Hockey
- Sales, Losses Soar at Online Bookstores. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/28/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 26, p11
Reports on a `Publishers Weekly' analysis of the online book sales of four electronic retailers in 1998. Losses of the companies; Rate of growth; Reasons for the losses.
- Ed. Pubs See Growth In College Sales In 2004, In K-12 In 2005. // Educational Marketer;11/15/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 33, p2
Reports on increased educational publications sales in the U.S. as of September 2004. Analysis on marketing of supplemental materials; Forecast on K-12 textbook sales; Assessment on sales performance of publishing companies.
- Using Statistics. Berinstein, Paula // Searcher;May2005, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p40
This article presents a case study devised to illustrate how to evaluate information and find statistics of online book sales. It is no secret that the book industry has been undergoing an upheaval. From the invasion of the chain bookstores to the advent of online bookselling and now the promise...
- Commerce Dept. Extends Helping Hand to Publishers. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/16/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 7, p5
The article focuses on the efforts of the U.S. Commerce Department to help promote U.S. books abroad. It states that the department's U.S. Commercial Service office held its first-ever catalogue exhibit at the Doha International Book Fair, held from December 24, 2008 to January 3, 2009. It notes...
- Media Growth Slows at Amazon. Milliot, Jim; Holt, Karen // Publishers Weekly;8/2/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 31, p6
Reports on an increase in sales posted by the North America media division of Amazon.com in the second quarter ended June 30, 2004. Factors which contributed to the increase in sales; Number of copies of "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," sold by the electronic retailer in 2003;...
- The Online Bookstore as Competitive Edge. Klein, Alana // University Business;Feb2004, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p36
Discusses the potential and competitive edge of online bookselling. Percentage growth of Internet sales every year; Factor that contributes to the success of an online store; Lessons learned by schools from their Web designs. INSET: 12 Tips to Bookstore Site Success.
- Editeur. Green, Brian // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on the International Group for Electronic Commerce in the Book and Serial Sectors (EDITEUR). Why EDITEUR had to be invented; Discussion on the expansion of EDITEUR beyond Electronic Data Interchange (EDI); Information on the projects of EDITEUR.
- COMPARISON SHOPPING. Lorinc, John // Quill & Quire;May98, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p9
Compares the Internet book shopping guides Barnes&Noble.com and Quick Search. Evaluation of book prices; Accessibility of the sites; Inclusion of a list of books.
- Fasten your high-tech seatbelts. Shatzkin, Mike // Publishers Weekly;5/24/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 21, p28
Focuses on developments related to book trade as of May 24, 1999. Digital technology's projected impact on the market; Increase in sales of books on the Internet; Emergence of electronic books; Challenges faced by booksellers.