Moody's puts Cap Re on review for downgrade
- Capital Re jumps by 14% in 4th quarter. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;02/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30325, p35
Reports on the increase in Capital Re Corp.'s net income in the fourth quarter of 1997.
- Capital Re's income rises in 2d quarter. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;07/30/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30446, p39
Focuses on the growth of Capital Re Corp.'s earnings for the second quarter of 1998. Gains reflecting a surge in the market demand for bond insurance; Bond insurers on which the company's earnings depend.
- Capital Re remains steady in 1st quarter. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;05/04/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30633, p25
Reports on the financial performance of Capital Re Corp. in the first quarter of fiscal 1999. Net income; Earnings per share; Moody's Investors Service's rating for its principal municipal bond reinsurance business; ACE ltd.'s investment in Capital Re.
- Cap Re replaces president and CEO in response to possible major losses. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;12/11/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30538, p5
Reports on the appointment of Jerome Jurschak as chairman and chief executive officer of Capital Re Corp. Appointment of Joseph Swain as president and chief operating officer; Major financial losses of the company.
- Capital re income slips from 1998. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/30/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30777, p38
Reports on Capital Re Corp.'s net income in the third quarter of 1999.
- At Capital Re Corp., bond reinsurance has moved far beyond municipals. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;08/04/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30449, p25
Reports on Capital Re Corp.'s evolving role in the bond reinsurance business in the United States. Pressures on primary market municipal bond issuers to diversify beyond municipal bonds; Competition in the business; Plans for the firm by chief executive officer Michael Satz.
- Information in brief. // Business Insurance;03/01/99, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p35
Announces ACE Bermuda Insurance Ltd.'s agreement to invest in financial guarantee reinsurer Capital Re Corp. through a common stock purchase.
- Capital Re to merge with ACE. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;05/28/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30651, p1
Reports on reinsurance firm Capital Re Corp.'s merger with Bermuda-based specialty insurer ACE Ltd. Value of the merger; Effects of the transaction to Capital's shareholders; ACE's previous investment in Capital; Rating agencies' assessment of the merger's effects to Capital's claims-paying...
- Capital Re reports 4th-quarter loss after creating reserve. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;02/25/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30586, p36
Focuses on losses posted by Capital Re Corp. for the fourth quarter of 1998 following a scandal involving Commercial Financial Services (CFS) which it reinsured. Allegations that CFS sold loans to an affiliate at inflated prices; Net operating income for the year of $80.3 million after...