- Brown Rocks. Maryles, Daisy // Publishers Weekly;8/18/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 33, p21
Reports on the publishing and release of several books by Dan Brown as of August 18, 2003. "The Da Vinci Code"; "Angels and Demons"; "Deception Point."
- Reagan's Death Prompts Publishing Surge. Holt, Karen // Publishers Weekly;6/14/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 24, p20
Deals with the impact of the death of former U.S. President Ronald Reagan on publishers in the U.S. Information on the book "Ronald Reagan in Public: A Memoir of My Years in the White House," by Jim Kuhn; Books about Reagan which are being published by Random House; Price of the reprint of...
- Gays debate Reagan legacy. Laird, Cynthia // Bay Area Reporter;6/10/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p14
Reports on the debate regarding the legacy of former U.S. President Ronald Reagan to the gay rights movement. Failure of the Reagan administration to respond to the AIDS crisis that affected the gay community during the 1980's; His opposition to a California legislative proposal that would have...
- Ronald Reagan and the gay community. Roehr, Bob // Bay Area Reporter;6/10/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p14
Presents some views on the impact of former U.S. President Ronald Reagan's administration on the gay rights movement. Failure of the Reagan administration to respond to the AIDS crisis that affected the gay community during the 1980's; His opposition to a California legislative proposal that...
- Diarist of the Week. // Entertainment Weekly;
Reports that HarperCollins outbid rivals for the diaries of former U.S. President Ronald Reagan.
- ANTIGAY CIVIL RIGHTS NOMINEE MAY CAUSE REAGAN HEADACHES. Bush, Larry // Advocate;3/18/82, Issue 338, p10
Reports on a controversy over U.S. President Ronald Reagan's nomination of fundamentalist minister Sam Hart for a post in the U.S. Civil Rights Commission. Opposition of the minister to issues of gay civil rights; Background of Hart.
- WISCONSIN. Kirch, Claire // Publishers Weekly;12/10/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 49, p19
The article offers a look at the state of the bookselling in the state of Wisconsin as of December 2007. Wisconsin is undergoing a literary renaissance, sparked more than 10 years ago by Oprah Winfrey, when she selected novels by Wisconsin authors for her first two book club reads in 1996. Many...
- Talk Show Blues. Nelson, Sara // Publishers Weekly;1/30/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 5, p5
The article comments on the conversation between Oprah Winfrey and Nan Talese about book companies during Winfrey's talk show. Talese explained that book companies do not fact check memoirs but instead vet them for libel. While it is unrealistic to suggest that houses hire fact checkers for...
- Letters. Rogan, Patrick J.; Taylor, K.; Murphy, Patrick J.; Burr, Elizabeth; Parente, William J. // America;5/7/1983, Vol. 148 Issue 18, p368
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues, including "Dialogue in Central America," in the March 19, 1983 issue, "Mr. Reagan's Educational Vouchers," in the April 9, 1983 issue, and "Human Rights and the Reagan Administration," in the March 5, 1983 issue.