- NJ: Sales Tax Collection Agreement Reached, Governor Endorses Federal Bill. // GPP eNews;6/8/2012, p2
The article reports on the sales tax collection agreement between New Jersey and Amazon.com, which was announced by the state's Governor Chris Christie.
- Tacoma PL links catalog to Amazon. Oder, Norman; St. Lifer, Evan; Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;4/15/1998, Vol. 123 Issue 7, p16
Reports that Washington State's Tacoma Public Library has joined Amazon.com's Associates Program. Provisions of the program; Library interest in the company's reader services; Comments from community relation officer David Domkoski.
- Amazon's Third-Party Revenue Grows Stronger in Q3; Potter Numbers Up. // Book Publishing Report;Nov2007, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the increase revenues of Amazon.Com Inc. in the third quarter of 2007. It is inferred that the company has increased net sales of 32% from 30% in 2006. The company considered Harry Potter as the most responsible for the rise in North American Media sales, which expanded...
- WOULD YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE GETTING AMAZON DELIVERIES BY DRONE AIRCRAFT? // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/13/2013, Issue 324743, p26
The article presents a poll regarding the plan of the international electronic commerce firm Amazon to use drone aircraft to deliver several products or supplies.
- Amazon.com expects to generate $34 million from IPO. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/31/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 13, p11
Informs that Amazon.com, the largest online bookseller in the United States, will issue 2.87 million shares of stock at $13 per share in 1997. The revenue this initial public offering is expected to garner; The operating losses suffered by the company in 1995 and 1996; Operating losses expected...
- Amazon.com offering shows promise and peril of Internet. // Indianapolis Business Journal;05/19/97, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p26A
Reports on the significant increase in the price of Amazon.com Inc.'s shares on May 15, 1997, the first day for the Internet bookseller's initial public offering (IPO). Sign of the IPO market's improvement; Company's projection that it will incur substantial losses for the foreseeable future;...
- Amazon: Vorwurf derWettbewerbsverzerrung. Rösch, Bert // Textilwirtschaft;2/21/2013, Issue 8, p10
The article discusses online retailer Amazon which is being accused of distorting the competition. The author mentions that the company has had bad publicity on the German television program ARD. Information on the company's work conditions is presented as well as information on their logistics...
- EU Probes Amazon Tax Deal. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/8/2014, pA01
6 European Union regulators are investigating a tax arrangement between Luxembourg and
- Amazon as Publisher. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/27/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 13, p4
The article reports on the controversy surrounding Amazon following its announced plans for Amazon Pages, a program that would let consumers view parts of a book online on a pay-per-view basis, in 2005. Through its Back in Print initiative, Amazon, with the agreement of the title's rights...