Workman Set For Brain Quest Relaunch In 2005 After Stellar 2004
- Storey Moving Distribution to Workman. Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;8/9/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 32, p202
Reports that Storey Books company has signed a sales and distribution agreement with Workman Publishing. Terms of the agreement; Comments from Ellen Morgenstern, spokesperson for Workman Publishing; Annual book publications and backlist of Storey Books.
- Miller Heads to Workman. // Publishers Weekly;3/22/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 12, p8
The article announces the transfer of Bob Miller to Workman Publishing were he will work as group publisher.
- Prodigal Daughter. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;2/10/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 6, p60
Announces that Workman Publishing has brought on Katie Workman as associate publisher. Career background of Workman; Responsibilities of Workman at the company.
- Children's publishing sees growth. Epstein, Connie C. // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Jun2003, Vol. 116 Issue 6, p48
Reports on the growth of children's-book publishing companies as of June 2003. Creation of a children's-book department at Workman Publishing; Expansion of Darby Creek Publishing; Children's books launched by Just Us Books.
- In Memoriam: Peter Workman. Winkelman, Marc // Kirkus Reviews;5/15/2013, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p2
The article presents an obituary for Peter Workman, founder of Workman Publishing.
- Remembering Peter Workman. Fialkoff, Francine // Library Journal;6/15/2013, Vol. 138 Issue 11, p26
An obituary for Peter Workman, founder of the Workman Publishing Company, is presented.
- FIRST IMPRESSIONS. NARGI, LELA // Publishers Weekly;8/1/2016, Vol. 263 Issue 31, p34
The article focuses on the interest shown by publishers in the crafting category. Topics covered include the concept of World Book Media's Zakka Workshop line, the stance of Zakka publisher Genia Patestides on the success of the line and the launch by Atria of the imprint "Make It By Hand." Also...
- People In the News. // Book Publishing Report;4/19/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p7
Reports on career developments of executives in the book publishing industry in the U.S. as of April 2004. Appointment of Libby Jordan as associate publisher for Morrow Cookbooks, while remaining senior vice president and associate publisher at HarperCollins Publishers; Promotion of Lisa...
- New Storey Imprint. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;2/10/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 6, p56
Deals with the continued growth of Storey Books' publishing program since its purchase by Workman Publishing in 2001. Comments from Deborah Balmuth, editorial director; First two books on its Storey Kids imprint; Scope of its titles in the Quiet Sports series.