Book Discounts, Electronics Sales Boost Amazon's 1Q Sales 21.2%
- Amazon Rises in Q4 While Income Takes A Hit. // Book Publishing Report;Feb2013, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p9
The article reports on the financial performance of Amazon for the fourth quarter (Q4) of 2012. It states that net sales increase 22% from the posted $17.4 billion in 2011. It mentions that operating income reached $405 million while media sales increased by 13.2%. It adds that its chief...
- Amazon sees profits rise despite recession. Fernandez, Joe // Marketing Week;1/29/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p33
The article reports on a 9% increase in profits for the final three months of 2009 for Amazon.com Inc. To attract budget-conscious shoppers, Amazon will continue to offer low prices and free delivery deals. Its revenue has been increased by 18%. In the first three months of 2009, Amazon expects...
- Mighty Amazon. Vogelstein, Fred // Fortune;5/26/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 10, p60
Profiles Jeff Bezos, founder and chief executive officer of Amazon.com Inc. Information on the management strategy adopted by Bezos; Increase in the revenue of the company; Reasons for the company's success.
- 26 JEFF BEZOS. Garry, Michael // SN: Supermarket News;7/23/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 30, p54
The article focuses on Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon.com based in the U.S., and the developments at the company under his leadership. The company launched its grocery store that offers nonperishable products in July 2007. He initially sold books at his retail site in 1994 and gradually...
- E-Commerce. Vogelstein, Fred // Fortune;12/30/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 13, p165
Discusses the role of Jeff Bezos in the success of Amazon.com, the online shopping network. Growth of online sales in the United States; How websites build brand loyalty and increase sales; Speculation about Amazon's revenues for the fourth quarter of 2002; Importance of electronic commerce.
- Amazon Sees Increased Music, DVD, Video Sales. Jeffrey, Don // Billboard;02/12/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 7, p6
Reports increased sales during the fourth quarter 1999 by Amazon.com. Profit from music sales; Sales in videos and digital video discs (DVD) as compared to 1998; Predictions for quarters during 2000; Comments from the company founder, Jeff Bezos.
- Lord of the Jungle. MARTINEZ, YLEANA // Hispanic;Jan/Feb1999, Vol. 12 Issue 1/2, p20
Profiles Jeffrey P. Bezos, founder and chief executive officer (CEO) of Amazon.com Inc., an Internet company. Information on the company; Personal background on Bezos.
- AMAZON CEO BEZOS: 'WE SIGNED UP MILLIONS OF NEW PRIME MEMBERS'. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;10/28/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 43, p20
The article reports that online retailer Amazon added millions of subscribers in its Prime membership program during the previous 90 days according to chief executive officer (CEO) Jeff Bezos on October 24, 2013.
- Jeff Bezos. Walker, Rob // Inc.;Apr2004, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p148
Profiles Jeff Bezos, entrepreneur and founder of Amazon.com. Financial problems encountered by the company; Efforts of Bezos to raise angel financing for the company; Business strategy of Amazon.com.