- Progress against hepatitis C infection. // Patient Care;2/15/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p11
Describes the progress of therapy against hepatitis C infection as of February 15, 2002. Most common method of detecting hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection; Primary aim for treating HCV infection; Risk factors for HCV infection.
- Liver Disease in Persons with Asymptomatic Hepatitis C Virus Infection. // Annals of Internal Medicine;12/17/2002, Vol. 137 Issue 12, pI-36
Summarizes the article 'Prevalence of Liver Disease in a Population of Asymptomatic Persons with Hepatitis C Virus Infection,' published in the December 17, 2002 issue of 'Annals of Internal Medicine.' Aim of finding out how often persons with hepatitis virus C infection but no symptoms have...
- Prevalence of Liver Disease in a Population of Asymptomatic Persons with Hepatitis C Virus Infection. Alberti, Alfredo; Noventa, Franco; Benvegnù, Luisa; Boccato, Silvia; Gatta, Angelo // Annals of Internal Medicine;12/17/2002, Vol. 137 Issue 12, p951
Background: The prevalence of significant liver disease in persons with asymptomatic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection is unclear. Objective: To determine the prevalence and severity of HCV infection in asymptomatic persons. Design: Population-based cross-sectional study. Setting:...
- Measurement and determinants of the natural history of liver fibrosis in hepatitis C virus infection: a cross sectional and longitudinal study. Wright, M.; Goldin, R.; Fabre, A.; Lloyd, J.; Thomas, H.; Trepo, C.; Pradat, P.; Thursz, M. // Gut;Apr2003, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p574
Introduction: The rate of development of liver fibrosis in hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection varies between individuals. This accounts for the variation in duration of progression to cirrhosis. The aims of this study were: (1) to determine whether fibrosis progresses linearly through the grading...
- Hepatitis C. // Hepatitis C (National Institute of Allergy/Infectious Disease);2009, p3
The article offers information on hepatitis C, which is an infectious disease of the liver.
- Do you have hepatitis C? Hager, Mary; Reibstein, Larry // Newsweek;5/4/1998, Vol. 131 Issue 18, p83
Focuses on incidence in the United States of the viral infection hepatitis C. Estimated number of Americans who have the disease; Identification of groups at risk for the infection; Diagnosis of the disease; Treatment; Living with the disease.
- UNDERSTANDING HEPATITIS C. Everson, Gregory T. // Share Guide;Sep/Oct2002, Issue 63, p42
Provides information about hepatitis C, a liver disease. Epidemiology; Causes, symptoms and treatment; Tests for hepatitis C.
- Appendix 3: Hepatitis C search strategy. // Kidney International Supplement;Apr2008, Issue 109, pS80
A variety of information related to Hepatitis C search strategy that relate to articles that appeared in this issue of the periodical "Kidney International" are presented.
- Hepatitis C What Sisters Need to Know. Wald, Robin // Heart & Soul;Jun/Jul2000, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p80
Presents facts about hepatitis C prevention, diagnosis, and treatment.