Public guardian awards
- CORRECTION. // New York Review of Books;5/13/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p47
Presents a correction about the caption under the photograph of medical teacher Nancy Olivieri in editor Richard Horton's review previously in the March 11, 2004 of the journal "The New York Review."
- Dances with the pharmaceutical industry. Gibson, Elaine; Baylis, Françoise; Lewis, Steven // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;2/19/2002, Vol. 166 Issue 4, p448
Discusses the case of Nancy Olivieri, a specialist in hereditary blood diseases at the Hospital for Sick Children (HSC) in Toronto, Ontario. Contracts of Olivieri with Apotex Inc. to test deferiprone on patients; Medical risks discovered by Olivieri; Studies of the legal and ethical aspects of...
- The deferiprone furor. Parker, Shafer // Report / Newsmagazine (Alberta Edition);01/24/2000, Vol. 26 Issue 46, p14
Discusses a dispute between research physician Nancy Olivieri, formerly of Toronto, Ontario's Hospital for Sick Children, and Canadian company, Apotex Pharmaceuticals Inc. Her study for Apotex on the effectiveness of deferiprone, which is used in the treatment of thalassemia; Her conclusion...
- Canadian case questions funding. Spurgeon, David // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);01/09/99, Vol. 318 Issue 7176, p77
Reports that an external review of a dispute has called on the Medical Research Council of Canada to consider how to handle third party funding of clinical research. Details on the case; Claims of Nancy Olivieri against Toronto's Hospital for Sick Children and the Apotex company; Implications...
- Frontiers of Healing (Book). White, Rhea A. // Library Journal;6/15/1977, Vol. 102 Issue 12, p1390
Reviews the book 'Frontiers of Healing: New Dimensions in Parapsychology,' compiled by Nicholas M. Regush.
- The Virus Within (Book). Wilson, Joh // Quill & Quire;Apr2000, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p46
Reviews the book 'The Virus Within: A Coming Epidemic,' by Nicholas Regush.
- The hysteria within. // Report / Newsmagazine (Alberta Edition);04/10/2000, Vol. 26 Issue 51, p44
Focuses on the research of Nicholas Regush, an ABC television producer and columnist whose book 'The Virus Within' presents the idea that AIDS is not caused by the HIV virus, but rather by HHV-6 (Human Herpes Virus 6). Reaction of medical experts to this suggestion; Idea that dissenters such as...
- PSI (Book). Somerville, Ormond // LJ: Library Journal;3/15/1975, Vol. 100 Issue 6, p570
Reviews the book 'PSI: The Other World Catalogue,' by June Regush and Nicholas Regush.
- Exploring the Human Aura (Book). Somerville, Ormond // LJ: Library Journal;8/1/1975, Vol. 100 Issue 14, p1427
Reviews the book 'Exploring the Human Aura: A New Way of Viewing--and Investigating--Psychic Phenomena,' by Nicholas M. Regush in collaboration with Jan Merta.