2005 BEACON AWARDS
- 2005 Public Affairs Achievement Award. // Multichannel News;5/9/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p8A
Profiles the winners of the 2005 public affairs achievement Award in the 2005 Beacon Awards, an award giving body sponsored by the Cable Television Public Affairs Association (CTPAA) which recognizes the best in cable public affairs in the U.S. Bonnie J. Hathaway from Time Warner Cable; Ivan D....
- Golden Beacon Award. // Multichannel News;5/9/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p10A
Features the cable television network Lifetime Television, winner of the Golden Beacon Award at the 2005 Beacon Awards, an award giving body sponsored by the Cable Television Public Affairs Association (CTPAA) which recognizes the best in cable public affairs in the U.S. Service of the network...
- Cable Nets Catching Up. Pendleton, Jennifer // Television Week;8/16/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p24
Focuses on the increase in the number of nominations garnered by cable television networks from the 2004 Annual Primetime Emmy Awards. Significance of Emmy nominations; Background on the Cable Ace Awards; Development of cable networks.
- TOP 15 MSOs. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/10/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 45, p32
Presents information on the companies included in the 2003 list of multiple system operators and direct broadcast service providers in the U.S., compiled by the periodical "Broadcasting & Cable." Comcast Cable Communications; DirecTV; Time Warner Cable; Cox Communications.
- Biggest Cable Ops Reject Local Gun Ads. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;2/25/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p3
The article focuses on prohibitions and limitations on advertisements for guns and ammunition by cable companies. It states that Comcast Spotlight, an advertising sales division of Comcast Cable Communications Inc. has affirmed that it will not accept gun and ammunition advertisements. Time...
- Cox Effort Helps Parents 'Take Charge' Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;8/30/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p10
Reports on a public-affairs program launched by Cox Communications Inc. to help parents control the content their kids see on television and the Internet in the U.S. in 2004. Role of television host John Walsh in the initiative; Reaction of Walsh to the initiative; Tips on managing Web content.
- New York Success Story. Dobohue, Steve // Multichannel News;1/31/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 5, Special Section p22A
Features Harriet Novet, vice president of Time Warner Cable in New York and New Jersey. Career background; Contribution of Manhattan Cable vice president of coporate affrairs Susan Greene to her career; Involvement in the "Save the Music" public affairs television program.
- Reality, Basic Cable Gleam With Emmy. Grego, Melissa; Chunovic, Louis // Television Week;7/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p1A
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Academy of Television Arts and Sciences to present its reality competition Emmy Award during the 55th annual Primetime Emmy Awards telecast in 2003. Nominees for Outstanding Drama; Reason for the decision; Significance of reality television programming.
- Fighting over the art of Emmy voting. Schneider, Michael // Variety;01/29/2001, Vol. 381 Issue 10, p5
Reports on the protest of primetime television cartoon networks in the United States over the decision of the TV Academy to expand the base of Emmy voters through at-home judging. Rift among members of the animation branch; Remarks from Meryl Marshall Daniels, chairman and chief executive of...