ESPN Good Sports Award
- Comcast. S. M. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/27/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 26, p22
Focuses on the television program segments entitled Local Edition produced by the cable system of Comcast in Southern California and inserted into "CNN Headline News." Number of Local Edition segments produced by Comcast from the third quarter of 2004 to June 2005; Significance of the...
- Why the Beacon Awards Really Matter. Jones, Steven; Bolkcom, Chuck // Multichannel News;3/22/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p4A
Discusses the importance of the Beacon Awards which is being sponsored annually by the Cable Television Public Affairs Association as part of its mission to develop and promote public-affairs excellence. Significance of cable public-affairs campaigns; Local community projects undertaken by...
- Cable TV and Interest Maximation. Jeffres, Leo W. // Journalism Quarterly;Spring78, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p149
Examines how people will react to the broader program selection available in cable television in the United States. Effect of socioeconomic status on the viewing of news and public affairs programs; Implications of increasing the cable television's involvement in local community events.
- More means less. Jones, Terry // St. Louis Journalism Review;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 35 Issue 278, p8
The article discusses the findings of a study conducted by Markus Prior, which shows that access to more channels has not only failed to increase news consumption but the change in television's delivery technology from solely over-the-air to cable and satellite has apparently led to less...
- The 2005 Beacon Awards Honoring Excellence in Public Affairs. // Multichannel News;5/9/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p3A
Provides information on the 2005 Beacon Awards, an award giving body sponsored by the Cable Television Public Affairs Association (CTPAA), which recognizes the best in cable public affairs in the U.S. Number of winners; Award created by the CTPAA which recognizes outstanding, non-cable industry...
- Honors. // CableFAX Daily;3/20/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 53, p2
Presents the winners of the 3rd annual CableWorld-CTPAA public affairs programming awards. FIY; Cox 3; WE.
- Golden Beacon Award. // Multichannel News;5/9/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p10A
Features the cable television network Lifetime Television, winner of the Golden Beacon Award at the 2005 Beacon Awards, an award giving body sponsored by the Cable Television Public Affairs Association (CTPAA) which recognizes the best in cable public affairs in the U.S. Service of the network...
- How long you in for? // Broadcasting & Cable;11/30/98, Vol. 128 Issue 49, p138
Editorial. Comments on the United States Federal Communications Commission's implementation (FCC) of guidelines for direct broadcasting by satellite (DBS) public interest set-aside required under the 1992 Cable Act. Concerns on the principles of set-aside; Details on the scheme.
- C-SPAN Restarts 'American Writers' Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p24
Reports the efforts of public-affairs network C-SPAN for the resumption of the historical series 'American Writers II: The 20th Century' in the U.S. Focus on the contribution of writers in the U.S. history; Schedule of the program; List of other historical series by C-SPAN.