Business: Cable's 'Sweet Spot'
- Pursuing the enterprise market. Prada, Derek // CED;Jun2004, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p82
Focuses on the importance of strategy and careful selection of technology for the success of the cable industry's pursuit of commercial markets. Need for operators to learn to identify "high-value" unmet broadband market needs; Contemplation of multiple system operators on how best to leverage...
- The Last MileChase. Pande, Shamni // Business Today;8/24/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p122
The article reports on the developments in the television distribution business in India. It is stated that the investments in the business are increasing where big operators are gobbling up last mile players in a bid to consolidate. The business is making the space attractive for investment due...
- 2002: A Year of Challenges. Pandzik, Michael // Multichannel News;7/29/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p45
Focuses on the challenges of the independently-owned cable system operators in the U.S. Access of the operators on capital investment; Impact of the continued consolidation on the operation of the small operators; Implication of digital revolution in the cable business.
- Literature and Web locator. // CED;Aug99, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p85
Presents broadband and cable industry-related literature and Web sites. Web sites for the companies catering to the industry; Information on how to obtain such materials.
- Belgacom launches cable fightback. Dux, Simon // Total Telecom Magazine;Nov2003, p23
Reports on the move of Belgacom to upgrade its local access network to compete with cable operators. Market size of broadband communication network in Belgium; Amount of investment of Belgacom to upgrade its local access network; Details on the plan of Belgacom to deal with competition.
- The Kings of Queens...AND MANHATTAN, BROOKLYN, THE BRONX AND STATEN ISLAND. Berelowitz, Marian // Brandweek;06/11/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 24, pSR34
Deals with the success of Cablevision Systems Corp. in plotting cable coup in New York. Cablevision's programming channels; Entertainment and sports properties; Self-install cable modems and other broadband services in the company.
- Cable TV: A Vanishing Breed? Michaels Jr., J. Patrick // Multichannel News;8/29/2005 25th Anniversary, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p30
Claims that emerging technological trends brought about the redefinition of the U.S. cable industry. Historical background of the cable television service in the country; Markets in competition with the cable industry; Influence of high-speed broadband capacity on service rates.
- Study: Muni broadband not much of a threat. // CED;Aug2006, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p8
The article reports on the forecasted information by the Strategy Analytics concerning public broadband networks installed in big cities in the U.S. It states that, cities like Philadelphia and other smaller cities will have 6 million homes in five years time, however, cable operators and relcos...
- Cable broadens its outlook. Lisanti, Joseph // Variety;2/20/2012, Vol. 426 Issue 2, p12
The article considers business forecasting for cable television companies, focusing on predictions that future revenue growth for those firms will depend on rising demand for broadband communication system services.