Dish Programmer: Interactive Works
- Forming an Interactive Nation. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;5/17/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p22
The article offers information on a consumer awareness campaign of advertising interactive features of Enhanced TV Binary Interchange Format (EBIF) as "selecTV," which aims to provide EBIF interactive television standard for around 25m subscribers by the end of 2010.
- TV's annual roulette game. Ryan, Mike // Advertising Age;5/14/2001, Vol. 72 Issue 20, ps2
The article focuses on the evolution of the annual television spring/summer upfront season in the United States during which advertising agencies buy advertising time for clients. Key issues discussed include trends in the upfront season during the late 1970s, the influence of cable television,...
- Interactive Advertising Primed for Local Growth. // Multichannel News;06/05/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p62
Envisions the opportunities posed by efforts to blend the interactivity of the Internet with television on cable television advertising. Emergence of an alternative source of advertising revenue; Setting up of online shopping mall; Cable networks' capitalizing on their brand strength to attract...
- Cable getting ready for future of TV ads. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;06/18/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p14
Explores cable television advertising options in the United States. Opportunities offered by video-on-demand and other forms of digital broadband interactivity; Changes in cable's advertising paradigm; Experiments on advertising alternatives for broadband and interactive television.
- Cable TV: Joining the interactive movement. Torr, David // World Broadcast Engineering;Feb2001, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p34
Focuses on the interactive services of cable television providers in the United States. Return path problems; DVB standard; Benefits from the use of coaxial cables.
- Who's going interactive? Blake, Pat // Telephony;01/13/97, Vol. 232 Issue 2, p18
Features various cable television networks in the United States that are offering interactive television services. Sony Pictures Entertainment's Game Show Network; Source Media's Interactive Channel and ChannelLink; @Home which is backed by Tele-Communications Inc., Comcast Corp. and Cox...
- Satellite grows in popularity. Anto-Awuakye, Cecilia; Sonoo Singh // Marketing Week;1/24/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p36
Focuses on the growth of popularity of cable and satellite (C&S) channels in Great Britain. Trend in consolidation in the C&S industry; Increase in the use of interactive television; Demographic profile of television viewers.
- Convergence With Love. Grumet, Tobey // Popular Mechanics;Mar2000, Vol. 177 Issue 3, p36
Focuses on the Wink technology used by networks along with cable companies to allow interaction with television. Advantages of the technology; Comments on the fate of the Wink technology.
- Interactive TV Business Models in a Cable TV. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/18/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 52, p54
Examines the market prospects for interactive television in the United States. Impact of interactive television on cable television operators; Current and future business models for interactive television in the U.S.; Other major areas for revenues from interactive-television commerce. INSET:...