- It's a buyer's market. Petrozello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;02/22/99, Vol. 129 Issue 8, p18
Offers a look on the cable networking market in the United States. Factors which contributed to the decline in the number of network companies in the country; Challenges faced by network companies; Investments of Discovery Communications Inc. for the launching of Discovery Health.
- No buys for health net. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;06/21/99, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p28
Reports on Discovery Networks' marketing of its Health Channel television network to American cable television operators during the National Cable Television Association's Cable 1999 exhibit and conference in Chicago, Illinois. Deals offered by the network to entice cable operators; Discovery's...
- IN BRIEF. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/15/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 16, p10
Presents developments on television broadcasting as of April 2002 in the U.S. Commitment of MSNBS cable television news channel to serve the public fairly; Decision of Discovery Networks Inc. to remove production credits on many shows in the cable networks owned by the company; Offer of the...
- SVOD Lineup. // Multichannel News;1/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p40
Presents a list of television programs and movies to be offered on subscription video-on-demand service of cable networks across the U.S. in January 2004. Offerings of Home Box Office; Programs from Showtime Networks Inc.; Movies to be aired by Starz Encore Group LLC.
- Premium Programming. // Multichannel News;2/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p21
Presents a listing of subscription video on-demand offerings in the U.S. for February 2006 from cable operators, such as Home Box Office, Showtime Networks Inc., Starz Entertainment Group, Here TV!, Playboy TV, Ten on Demand, Uncensored on Demand, World Picks on Demand and WWE 24/7.
- Some Cards Brought Cheer To Many. Gibbons, Kent; Haugsted, Linda; Donohue, Steve; Demenchuk, Mike // Multichannel News;1/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the charitable contributions made by companies in the cable television industry of the U.S. Donations made by Showtime Networks Inc. to the Harlem Children Zone; Support of the AMC to the Film Foundation Fund; Contributions of Lifetime Television to the National Alliance of Breast...
- Discovery exec sees $5B upfront. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/03/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 14, p32
Reports that Discovery Networks Inc. president of advertising sales Bill McGowan is predicting that cable television will surpass broadcasting in upfront spending in the United States by 2005. Predicted amount in upfront cable spending in the country in 2000 as compared to that of 1999;...
- THIS IS THE DISCOVERY WE'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR. Klaassen, Abbey // Advertising Age;10/16/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 42, p4
The article discusses the Discovery Channel cable television network. In 2005, the channel's ratings had declined significantly, due to a shifting focus on biker-related reality television like "Miami Ink" and "Dog: The Bounty Hunter." In 2006, the channel recaptured the lost market share by...
- New kid on cable block. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;5/1/2009, Vol. 303 Issue 19, p1
The article reports on the collaboration of Hasbro Inc. and Discovery Communications LLC to take a 50% stake in the Discovery Kids cable channel in the U.S. The partners plan to penetrate the children's market which is ruled by Nickelodeon, Disney and Turner's Cartoon Network. As part of the...