Cablevision Fortifies Phone Options
- Sprint says PTT service has near-Nextel intra-call latency. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;11/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p3
Reports on the launch of the Ready Link push-to-talk wireless service from Sprint PCS in 2003. Comparison of Ready Link to Verizon Wireless' offering that uses voice over Internet Protocol technology; Pricing for the Sprint service; Scope of the offering.
- Sprint service unites wireless/wireline calls. Martin, Michael // Network World;1/28/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p36
Reports on the introduction of the Sprint PCS Integrated Office service by Sprint PCS in January 2002. Goal of simplifying the lives of enterprise employees using multiple telephones; Inclusion of a Web-based management tool with the service; Ability of companies to subscribe to a single-number...
- Qwest to eliminate wide-area calling. // RCR Wireless News;8/18/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p18
Reports on the move of Qwest Communications International Inc. to eliminate wide area telephone calling for its wireless communication customers. Number of customers that will be transferred to Sprint PCS; Reason behind the decision.
- Foreplay. // CableFAX Daily;2/23/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p2
Reports on the voice over Internet protocol deals forged by Sprint Nextel which influenced the company's financial performance in the fourth quarter of 2005. Companies that influenced Sprint's revenue.
- iOS 9 Update Brings Enhanced WiFi Calling to Sprint Customers. Weiss, Todd R. // eWeek;10/22/2015, p9
The article reports that the enhanced WiFi calling services of wireless communications company Sprint can be fully used by users of iPhone, iPod, Apple Watch and Mac from computer manufacturer Apple, once their equipment have been updated with its iOS 9.1 operating system (OS). Topics discussed...
- Sprint Home VoIP/Cellular Set For 2nd Half. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;3/13/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p4
This article reports on the new product and distribution plans outlined by wireless carrier Sprint Nextel at an investor conference in March 2006. The company targeted an October 2006 launch of its first dual-mode integrated digital enhanced network/code division multiple access...
- Sprint PCS offers voice-enabled Web access. // RCR Wireless News;5/28/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p29
Reports on the availability of Sprint PCS' voice-enabled, Web access through its Voice Command wireless service. Features and capabilities of the service; Cost.
- Sprint PCS reveals content deals for Vision network. // RCR Wireless News;8/26/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p24
Provides information on the deals formed by Sprint PCS with wireless telecommunication companies for its Vision code division multiple access 1xRTT network as of August 26, 2002. Components of the deals; Wireless Application Protocol games of Digital Bridges.
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;3/22/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p1
Presents news briefs on the U.S. wireless industry as of March 22, 2004. Deal between Sprint PCS and Sunflower Broadband; Amount spent by Cingular Wireless LLC to add new cell sites in various parts of the country.