Nats Get TV Carriage
- Baseball's Royals Put New Sports Net in Play. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/23/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p8
Reports on the creation of regional sports network, Royals Television Networks (RTN) LLC by major league Baseball's Kansas City Royals team. Features of the sports network; Number of subscriber of the network; Goal of Royals Television; Effect of RTN on other sports network.
- Whole new ball game. Cagan, Joanna // Broadcasting & Cable;03/29/99, Vol. 129 Issue 13, p30
Presents news updates concerning the television broadcasting of baseball in New York. Shakeup in the broadcast television outlets for the baseball team New York Yankees; New York Mets' decision to abandon WWOR-TV and its transfer to WPIX; 1998 ratings for the Yankees.
- WGN REUPS WITH COMCAST. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;2/3/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 26, p39
Reports on the deal signed by WGN television station with cable operator Comcast Corp. in the U.S. Broadcast of the Chicago Cubs baseball games at WGN; Negotiation between the station and DirecTV Inc. and Time Warner Inc.; Details of the agreement.
- Baseball on Television: 1990--1993. // Journal of Sport Management;Jul1991, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p200
The article presents an account of a paper on broadcasting of baseball on television, published in a 1990 issue of the journal "Broadcasting." It informs that the consistently low ratings for American Broadcasting Co.'s "Monday Night Baseball" and the unauthorized national telecasts of games...
- Close games a lead-off hit. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;10/20/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 13, p5
Reports on the television broadcasting of Major League Baseball Championship Series games by Fox Television resulting to increased ratings for the station since May 2004. Games and events aired by the network; Competition with other networks; Viewership.
- Carriage. // CableFAX Daily;9/29/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 189, p1
The article presents news briefs concerning cable television broadcasting as of September 2005. Comcast will add AZN to its channel line-up in the Washington D.C. metro area by the end of September 2005. The Ultimate Shopping Network has expanded its broadcast to 24 hours daily on DirectTV.
- Cable's Baseball Ratings Fall Off. Umstead, Thomas // Multichannel News;10/16/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p12
Reports the decline in the ratings for baseball coverages by sports cable television networks in the United States. Decrease in ESPN rating despite the addition of games; Reasons for the drop in ratings; Impact of the baseball rights deal on blackout rules; Acquisition of the ESPN post-season...
- STATIC. // Sporting News;10/29/2001, Vol. 225 Issue 44, p4
Reports developments related to sports in television programs in the United States as of October 2001. Grade point ratings for baseball postseason television shows of Fox network; Status of the lawsuit involving ABC television network and National Football League; Quotation from Bill Walton for...
- Interleague Intrigue. Chen, Albert // Sports Illustrated;
Joe Torre is normally a critic of interleague play, but last Friday, as he sat in the visitors' dugout at Wrigley Field, the New York Yankees manager could not resist the lure of the most-hyped series of the season. Wrigley Field was the showcase for last week's start of 2003 interleague play...