Court Won't Salute Flag
- America the brave. Daniels, Frank // TVB Europe;Apr2001, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p16
Discusses the transition of the broadcasting industry in the United States (U.S.) to digital and high definition television. Debate over standards for television modulation; Argument in support for a digital television standard.
- FCC seeks to clear up picture on HDTV issues. Boliek, Brooks // Hollywood Reporter;7/31/95, Vol. 338 Issue 15, p5
Reports that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has taken its first tentative steps toward revamping the rules for digital television when it agreed to solicit comments on the television. Three different rules planned on the high definition television (HDTV) issue; Series of questions...
- Powell's Multicast Plan Concerns Willner. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;4/22/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p38
Focuses on the digital television (DTV) transition proposal of the Federal Communications Commission in the U.S. Imposition of te DTV signals on cable systems; Carrying of high definition television signals or multicast DTV signals; Inclusion of innovative multicasting.
- HDTV RISING: Reception and Processing Lessons Learned. Tombes, Jonathan // Communications Technology;Mar2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p20
Discusses several aspects of high-definition television (HDTV) broadcasting. Pioneers in HDTV; Challenges in delivering HDTV; Deployment of HDTV in Las Vegas, Nevada through the Cox system. INSETS: BOTTOM LINE;Is 8-VSB Robust Enough;>Can Your Techs Handle Home Theater?.
- Audio processing for HDTV, Part 2. Conrod, Randy // Broadcast Engineering (World Edition);May2008, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p26
The article reports on audio processing for high definition television (HDTV). It looks at metadata and the most common audio problem for broadcasters, which is caused by a video issue called lip sync. The article details how engineers can pass data about the audio signals from ingest all the...
- The Progressive Tradeoff. Ranada, David // Sound & Vision;Jan2006, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p26
This article presents information on the unique factors in 720P broadcasts on high definition television. The article discusses the average sharpness of vision based on research such as that conducted by the British Broadcasting Corporation. Also emphasized is the limited broadcasts of true...
- Digital & HDTV: East leads West. O'Halloran, Joe // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;May/Jun2005, p10
Looks at the growing Asian broadcast market and the opportunities offered by the region. Significance of digital technology to Asian broadcasting; Opportunity presented by high definition television for increasing ARPU; Advancement of the mobile telephone sector in Asia.
- Southeast Asia looks to its neighbours. Burn, Karlton // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;May/Jun2005, p40
Presents information on the progression of Southeast Asian countries into digital broadcasting. Countries influencing broadcasting in Southeast Asia; Spread of the adaption of digital archiving; Contribution of high-definition television to the shift of Southeast Asian broadcasting.
- decades. Sturzaker, Clare // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 40, p12
Discusses the developments in the broadcasting industry from 1964 to 2004. Introduction of high definition television; Benefits of the provision of satellites on programming; Impact of the developments on "IBE" magazine.