ADD HOST, SELL VOD
- Overcoming the burden of video-on-demand TV. Blondin, Stéphane // TVB Europe;Aug2011, p32
In this article the author discusses the integration of traditional linear television (TV) and video-on-demand (VoD) file publishing workflows. He states that the generation of on-demand content has been considered by broadcast engineers and operations managers as their main problem. He relates...
- The Big Parade. Arlen, Michael J. // New Yorker;4/30/1979, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p122
The author reflects on the impact of television and the motion picture industry on national ceremonies in the U.S. He claims that the native ceremonies like those in politics and sports have been taken over by television and have never been the same since its invention. He adds that the Oscar...
- Playboy TV. // Campaign (UK);11/18/2011, Issue 46, p21
The article presents information on the history of Playboy TV Networks which was recently fined by the British Office of Communications (Ofcom) for broadcasting sexually provocative advertisements.
- PLAYBOY TV TURNS 20. Hall, Lee // Cable World (10427228);11/4/2002 Supplement, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p6
Highlights the 20th anniversary of the television network Playboy TV in November 2002. Background on the programming of Playboy TV; History of Playboy TV; Success of the pay-per-view programming of Playboy TV.
- Flashes. Winer, Adam; Bonin, Liane // Entertainment Weekly;12/17/99, Issue 517, p16
Presents updates on television and motion picture celebrities in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California as of December 1999. Predictions of Conan O'Brien for year 2000; Observations shared by actress Angie Dickinson; Career status of former child star Tina Yothers.
- BORAT. Bernardo, Melissa Rose; Boeth, Jenny; Bierly, Mandi; Brown, Scott; Clark, Jason; Collis, Clark; Cruz, Gilbert; Daly, Steve; Drumming, Neil; Endelman, Michael; Hayes, Dade; Jensen, Jeff; Karger, Dave; Katz, Paul; Kim, Wook; Kirschling, Gregory; Labrecque, Jeff; Lee, Allyssa; Mangalindan, J. P.; Nashawaty, Chris // Entertainment Weekly;8/18/2006, Issue 891/892, p89
This article presents an interview with Kazakhstani television personality Borat regarding a documentary chronicle of his quest to understand the U.S. Some of his preferred motion pictures are mentioned. His opinion regarding the difference between the U.S. and Kazakh motion picture industry is...
- International film WEEK 11. Masters, Charles; Chung, Winnie // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/12/2002, Vol. 372 Issue 28, p54
Reports issues relating to the motion picture industry. Television personalities to star in the motion picture 'Cache'; Screening for the Hong Kong film festivals; Promotion of video executive Pete Kalhan.
- Intelligence report. Leff, Adam; Rushfield, Richard // Vanity Fair;Apr2000, Issue 476, p342
Presents a humorous list of the preferences and lifestyles of leaders in the United States motion picture and television industry. Includes Lew Wasserman as the leader of Old Hollywood; Johnny Depp's leadership of Generation X; Career backgrounds; Weekend getaway destinations; Planned comeback...
- screen test. Dunk, Tiffany; Kempshall, Pete // NW;12/8/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p83
Presents several trivia questions about celebrities and the U.S. entertainment industry.