- Freeze frame. Howe, Steve // Backpacker;Oct94, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p70
Offers tips concerning winter photography. Need for solid understanding of camera operation and photographic principles. INSET: How to make snow white, by S.H..
- Do-it-yourself exposure. S.H. // Backpacker;Oct94, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p77
Deals with light meter failures encountered by photographers during winter. Tips and recommendations; Photoflex/Galen Rowell system of camera bags from Quest; System of camera packs from SunDog; Dry boxes and camera cases from Tundra/Satter Inc.; Vest-like harnesses from Video Support Systems.
- Winter rules. Cox, Charles // Overdrive;Oct94, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p64
Presents general guidelines in preparing for winter truck driving. Addition of coolants to the motor cooling system; Fuel performance during winter; Checking the truck's electrical system; Keeping the oil warm during extreme conditions; Use of winterfronts; Checking the tires and the fifth...
- Warm Your Toes With a Hat. Michel, Joyce // Jack & Jill;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p30
The article discusses the advantages of wearing a hat before going outdoors in cold weather.
- Why in the world? Agnone, Julie Vosburgh; Anthony, Tony // National Geographic World;Dec97, Issue 268, p5
Presents information on various issues relating to cold weather and cold blooded animals. Effects of nerve endings in the skin sensing cold; Reaction of cold-blooded animals to cold weather; Cause of rosy cheeks during cold weather.
- Weekly dilemma... icy conditions and temporary staff. Bail, Michael // Personnel Today;1/26/2010, p6
The article provides an answer to a question asked on the termination of temporary staff because of cold weather.
- Protect animals, plants from cold. WALISER, JAMES // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);1/6/2010, Vol. 138 Issue 1, p1A
The article presents information on the extreme weather condition in Burnet, Texas and urges the citizens to take care of animals and plants in cold conditions.
- Keeping Warm in Kabul. // ASHRAE Journal;Oct2011 Ashrae Insights, p1
The article presents quotes from the "Heating and Ventilating" magazine which reveals how towns in Kabul, Afghanistan inhabited by the rich combat chill weather.
- Edinburgh in the snow. // Scottish Memories;Nov2012, p48
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of living in Edinburgh, Scotland in freezing weather conditions in 1981.