- A Breath of Fresh Air. Madsen, Jana J. // Buildings;Oct2005, Vol. 99 Issue 10, p26
Presents information on the installation of operable windows in buildings. Benefits of operable windows for the occupant; Proneness of operable windows to water leakage; Ways to overcome resistance to natural ventilation; Cost of operable windows as compared to fixed windows. INSET: Operable...
- CLAMP DOWN ON LEAKS. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jun2010, Issue 691, p3
The article notes that hose leaks can be stopped by tightening the heater hose clamps.
- How Green is Your Restroom? Fowler, John W. // Buildings;Jul2001, Vol. 95 Issue 7, p26
Offers suggestions on how to create an environmentally responsible restroom. Advantage of using high-performance products; Examples of quality products that offer controlled dispensing; Considerations in the chemical content of products that will be purchased for the restroom.
- Productivity in restroom care. Baunee, Aaron // Cleaning & Maintenance Management;Mar2009, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p26
The article discusses the sanitary and environmental benefits of using modern restroom supplies and equipment. Modern restrooms are said to feature more natural and delicate materials that can be cleaned with less toxic, environmentally-friendly chemicals. Also, automated, touchless dispensing...
- Leak Detection Kit. // Fleet Equipment;Mar2005, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p62
The article reports that Tracer Products has unveiled its Tracerline TP-1127 EZ-Ject Leak Detection Kit, which saves fleet shop technicians time when trying to pinpoint leaks in air conditioning and fluid systems. The kit includes a high-intensity 50-watt ultra-violet/blue lamp, which helps make...
- Maintenance Helps Prevent Common Water Claims. // Claims;Oct2005, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p7
Reveals that water-damage claims can be prevented with simple maintenance. Average cost of a broken water hose; Common sources of water leaks; Recommendation of Pemco Insurance to homeowners.
- WATER HEATER REPLACEMENT MADE EASY. GURNSEY, MATT // Sea Magazine;Apr2013, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p14
The article focuses on the repair of water heaters by replacing its defected parts. It says that a boat owner needs to unhook the plumbing and capture the coolant to drain from the engine heater hose. It suggests using the clamps of the water heater's tubes on the hose connector to prevent...
- Emergency Shower/Eye Wash. // Processing (08968659);Sep2005, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p43
This article presents information on the emergency drench shower and eye wash unit from B-L-S Industries. The unit features a location light, indicating light, drench hose, flashing red alarm light, audible alarm and dial thermometer. Units are completely assembled and tested to ensure no water...
- Record crowd at ozone-friendly ASHRAE. Mader, Robert P. // Contractor Magazine;Mar1995, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p5
Highlights the activities during the 1995 International Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigerating Exposition. Attendance; Exhibitors; Seminars.