Take Lead Role in Green Design
- INTERIORS THAT COMPLEMENT THE ENVIRONMENT. Lewis, Elaine // Environmental Design & Construction;Jun2006, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p86
The article describes sustainable interior design and architectural considerations citing the use of products that offer resource and energy efficiency, durability, comfort and eliminate indoor toxic air pollution. Architects and designers are then encouraged to comply with standards under...
- MEP engineers step up. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Dec2007, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p38
The article focuses on the importance of the role of mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) engineers in designing and developing sustainable buildings. It explores the sphere of influence of MEP engineers in sharing their knowledge of systems in an accessible manner to ensure that key...
- MANAGING IAQ. Epstien, Barb; HUghes, Malou // Environmental Design & Construction;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p24
Focuses on the management of indoor air quality (IAQ) for buildings in the U.S. Importance of general awareness and a well trained team in the management process; Selection of critical systems for IAQ control; Opportunity to install systems correctly.
- The Grass is Greener On This Side. Pascopella, Angela // District Administration;Aug2006, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p42
The article offers tips on how to install green building features in school facilities in the U.S. When it comes to lighting, occupancy sensors can be used to turn lights on and off. Indoor air quality is also important to avoid health risks inside the classrooms. An example of effective...
- Bounce-Back House. CHDTINER, MICHAEL // Remodeling;Nov2014, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p31
The article evaluates the architectural design of the Greenbuild Living Home, a model structure featured at the 2014 Greenbuild International Expo in New Orleans, Louisiana, in October 2014.
- Derby takes a shine to zero-carbon housing. // Sustain' Magazine;Mar/Apr2012, p23
The article evaluates the architectural design of carbon-neutral housing development in Derby, England.
- Premier House, Londan Road, Twickenham. Mallett, Lee // Sustain' Magazine;Mar/Apr2012, p29
The article evaluates the architectural design of Premier House at Twickenham in London, England that has been designed by Hawkins\Brown architectural practice.
- A Journey from Bimonthly to Monthly... R, Maria // MGS Architecture;May2013, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p8
The author talks about the monthly publication of "MGS Architecture" to cater to the growing interests in green design and alternative and energy efficient products and systems.
- Challenges in Delivering Green Building Projects: Unearthing the Transaction Costs (TCs). Qian, Queena K.; Chan, Edwin H. W.; Khalid, Abd Ghani // Sustainability (2071-1050);2015, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p3615
Delivering green building (GB) projects involve some activities that are atypical in comparison with conventional buildings. Such new activities are characterized by uncertainty, and they incur hidden costs that have not been expected nor are they readily appreciated among the stakeholders. This...