Simple Upgrade of Filter Helps Bank Achieve Award-Winning Air Filtration
- Pulley Police. Eiler, Donald J.; Ivanovich, Michael G. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Mar2004, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p15
Presents information on the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system of a research facility. Features of the HVAC system; Background on the fan speed and diameters of the pulleys of the air handler; Details of the replacement of the fan curves of the HVAC system.
- What Is the Cost of a Pleated Air Filter? Cieslak, Stephen // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/19/2007, Vol. 230 Issue 12, p10
The article provides several tips on how contractors can determine the most cost-effective pleated air filter based on clients' budget goals in the U.S. Key factors to consider in evaluating air filters include price, quality, performance and serviceability. These factors will enable contractors...
- Dual ducting: An innovation to increase the use of daylight in buildings. Mayhoub, M. S. // Lighting Research & Technology;Oct2015, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p712
Daylight guidance systems deliver daylight into remote parts of buildings. However, they still lack market penetration. The primary difficulty lies within the installation process. Daylight guidance systems use light ducts to distribute daylight, which occupy significant amounts of space. The...
- Moisture In Homes. Snyder, Dawn R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/3/2004, Vol. 222 Issue 1, p23
Answers a reader's question on minimizing the damage caused to air conditioning systems by a moisture problem at a home that tends to have an above-average humidity level. Taking steps to curtail winter time air circulation through the air conditioning ducts; Wrapping the inlet air filter in...
- Modeling Filter Bypass: Impact on Filter Efficiency. Ward, Matthew; Siegel, Jeffrey // ASHRAE Transactions;2005, Vol. 111 Issue 1, p1091
Current models and test methods for determining filter efficiency ignore filter bypass, the air that circumvents filter media because of gaps around the filter or filter housing. In this paper, we develop a general model to estimate the size-resolved particle removal efficiency, including...
- HVAC. // Plant Engineering;Oct2004, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p90
Features several products for heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems. Dust collector; Speed-controlled fans; Small heat exchangers; Air filters; Cool loading docks.
- Compromise between ventilation, filtration strategies and recirculation rates for the design and operation of air-conditioned facilities in the tropics. Fadeyi, Moshood Olawale // Architectural Engineering & Design Management;2012, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p6
This study examines the impact of filtration, ventilation and recirculation rate on concentration of condensed-phase, ozone (of outdoor origin)-derived oxidation products (secondary organic aerosols (SOA)) in a model room with a ventilation system that recirculates a large percentage (90%) of...
- Heat Recovery Ventilators. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/20/2006, Vol. 227 Issue 12, p9
The article features the Tradewindsâ„¢ Compact120 and Tradewindsâ„¢ Compact120D heat recovery ventilators from NuTech Brands Inc. Both units were suited for high-rise condominiums, hotels, and apartments. They have a thermally conductive aluminum core, an independent motorized impeller,...
- what's NEW. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/1/2005, Vol. 225 Issue 14, p6
Introduces several heat and ventilation products. Release of the bank filter manufactured by Advanced Filtration Systems; Specification of the Barrier Glider thermal air sealing from Rite-Hite Doors; Availability of an interactive electronic catalog from Baldor Electric Co.