- KalÃ§a ve Diz Osteoartritinin EÅŸ ZamanlÄ± Tedavisinde Ä°ntraartikÃ¼ler Sodyum HiyalÃ¼ronatÄ±n EtkinliÄŸi. Aydeniz, Ali; Gürsoy, Savaş; Yağiz, Erman; Keven, Sema; Büyükbebeci, Orhan // Turkish Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation / Turkiye ;dic2008, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p143
Objective: We aimed to evaluate results of synchronous intraarticular sodium hyaluronate therapy in patients who have both hip and knee osteoarthritis. Materials and Methods: Twenty-five patients (18 women, 7 men) with hip and knee osteoarthritis constituted the study group and 14 patients (9...
- Anti-inflammatory drugs in management of spondylosis. Taylor, T.K.F.; Ghosh, P. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);10/10/1981, Vol. 283 Issue 6297, p951
Evaluates the use of anti-inflammatory drugs in the management of osteoarthritis. Occurrence of fecal inflammatory changes; Observation on cartilage degradation; Inhibitory effect of the drug on cartilage and bone metabolism.
- Lanacort Creme. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p323
The article presents information on the Lanacort Creme, a non-prescription preparation of hydrocortisone from Combe International, which can be used to treat mild inflammation of the skin. It is not normally used for children under ten years.
- Lanacort Ointment. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p323
The article presents information on the Lanacort Ointment, a non-prescription preparation of hydrocortisone from Combe International, which can be used to treat mild inflammation of the skin. It is not normally used for children under ten years.
- The Encouraging Link Between Inflammation and Nutrition. Shah, Chirag // American Chiropractor;Nov2013, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p20
The article presents information on the link between chronic inflammation and diet, as nutrition is essential to wellness-based treatment. It informs that changes in the natural process can cause serious health issues and diseases that affect joints, cells, tissues, and organs. It further...
- Anti-inflammatory activity of medicinal plants native to Bangladesh: A review. Apu, Apurba Sarker; Bhuyan, Shakhawat Hossan; Prova, Shamina Saiyara; Muhit, Md. Abdul // Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science;2012, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p7
Inflammation is characterized by redness, pain and swelling. Anti-inflammatory drugs are agents that reduce inflammation. It has been found that conventional synthetic NSAIDs accelerate damage and erosion of joint cartilage, advancing the osteoarthritis process. These NSAIDs are also known to...
- ENHANCEMENT OF DISSOLUTION RATE STUDIES ON SOLID DISPERSION OF ACECLOFENAC. SENTHILKUMAR, K. L.; SIRISHA, Y. // International Journal of Pharma & Bio Sciences;Apr-Jun2011, Vol. 2 Issue 2, pP.70
Aceclofenac is a Non- Steroidal Anti Inflammatory drug indicated for the relief of pain and inflammation, associated with rheumatoid arthritis, osteo arthritis, ankylosing, spondylitis. The percentage of dissolution rate of drug released from pure Aceclofenac was obtained 26.48% in 180min. The...
- better health. curcumin. Tweed, Vera // Better Nutrition;May2013, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p20
The article reports on research which has investigated the health benefits that are associated with consuming the substance curcumin and found that it is beneficial in preventing or managing several medical problems, including inflammation, blood clots and certain types of cancers. Information...
- NSAIDs not recommended for long-term use in osteoarthritis. Magill-Lewis, Jillene // Drug Topics;4/14/2008, Vol. 152 Issue 5, p18
The article reports that the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) have not been recommended for long-term use in treating pain and inflammation caused by osteoarthritis (OA). It is stated there has been evidence showing that the drugs carry cardiovascular and gastrointestinal risks. The...