Luna Selected for Venice Biennale
- WEST. // Archaeology;Sep/Oct83, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p11
Reviews the exhibit "They Call Us Savages," at the Witte Memorial Museum in San Antonio, Texas.
- One more added to Best of 2007. Harry, Lou // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/7/2008, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p29A
The article reviews the exhibition "Diversity & Dialogue: The Eiteljorg Museum Fellowship for Native American Fine Art," held at the Indianapolis Civic Theatre in Indiana on January 2, 2008.
- Jacobson House Native Art Center. CHIEF, RUSS TALL // Native Peoples Magazine;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p62
The article reviews the exhibition "The Main Collection: A Lifetime of Collecting," on display July 1 to August 15, 2004 at the Jacobson House Native Art Center in Norman, Oklahoma.
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIAN INDIAN SANDPAINTING. // Tapestries in Sand;1966, p78
The article presents information on the Southern Californian Indian sandpainting. Of the two styles of sandpainting that occur among the Southern California Indian peoples, only the LuiseÃ±o sandpainting seems to have survived. It is mostly concerned with funerary ritual, depicted in simple,...
- JAMES LUNA. Martin, Linda R. // Native Peoples Magazine;Spring97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p96
The article profiles artist James Luna in the U.S. Luna brings to life the serious issues of drug and alcohol abuse, cultural apathy, and loss of cultural identity in many of the Indian communities. For Luna, the medium of performance and installation is a unique form of cultural expression...
- Untitled. // American Indian Report;Jul2005, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p3
Presents updates on issues related to American Indians as of July 2005. Information on the historical research project of the Essex County, Massachusetts on the Register of Deeds on 17th century Native American land deeds; Participation of LuiseÃ±o Indian missionary James Luna at the 2005...
- You Are On Indian Land: A multimedia exhibit at the Museum of Northern Arizona. BLANKENBUEHLER, PAIGE // High Country News;11/23/2015, Vol. 47 Issue 22, p8
The article previews the exhibition "You Are On Indian Land" at the Museum of Northern Arizona in Flagstaff, Arizona from November 21-February 15, 2016.
- Scenic shopping in the Rockies. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Aug93, Vol. 94 Issue 8, p82
Announces the display of Native American, southwestern and western gifts at the Denver Merchandise Mart and Jewelry Show in Colorado on August 28-September 1, 1993. Contact information.
- Culturally Significant Objects Imported for Exhibition Determinations: ''Shapeshifting: Transformations in Native American Art''. Ereli, J. Adam // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;11/3/2011, Vol. 76 Issue 213, p68256
The article announces the cultural significance of the "Shapeshifting: Transformations in Native American Art," exhibition, held at the Peabody Essex Museum in Salem, Massachusetts from January 14, 2012 to April 29, 2012 in the U.S.